Need advice for a flag pole

Bgthomas

I want a durable telescoping flag pole 20ish feet. I have a North Trail 32BUDS with no ladder to tie to. Our last SOB had a receiver fitting in the tongue. Thoughts?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I've had great success with Uncommon USA for my flag poles and attachment points. I have one (25') at the stick & brick that is in the ground and I have one (20') for the camper that I use the receiver hitch on the back of the camper to mount my pole. When I had a tag-a-long, I used a 4" bumper attachment to mount the pole to their bracket. Can't remember is I got the bumper attachment from Uncommon USA or from Camping World. I did buy the pole bracket from Uncommon USA. Now with the Landmark 365, I just attach the bracket directly to the receiver hitch. When I'm going to be someplace for more than a couple of days I also use the Uncommon USA deck mount to stake into the ground for a little more stability.

HornedToad

I have the polesandholders.com ramp mount flag pole. The 22 ft fiberglass pole is great, it collapses to 4 ft for easy storage and comes with all the hardware to fly two flags. I mounted it up high on the ramp door jamb and can set the pole while standing on the ramp. This only leaves a few feet to the top of the trailer, but even then the pole will bump the edge in high winds. This problem would get worse the lower it's mounted. I took a nerf soccer ball and cut it out with a hole saw to slide over and up the pole to the contact point to protect the trailer from any damage.

Flag 1.jpgFlag 2.jpgFlag 3.jpg

pegmikef

Bgthomas

You guys are great! I think I'll go with the Poles and Holders (under the) jack mount and the 22' fiberglass pole. No holes to drill. Thanks for the offer, Peg and Mike, but the logistics don't look good.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Flagpole buddy has a great aluminum pole now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
You guys are great! I think I'll go with the Poles and Holders (under the) jack mount and the 22' fiberglass pole. No holes to drill. Thanks for the offer, Peg and Mike, but the logistics don't look good.

If you want that piece from Peg and Mike I can get it from them during the rally next month and bring it up to you. You all figure it out and let me know.

pegmikef

If you want that piece from Peg and Mike I can get it from them during the rally next month and bring it up to you. You all figure it out and let me know.

Thanks Mike. We will be arriving at Quanah the 8th of March and will be in Site #24. I PM'd Bruce.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Thanks Mike. We will be arriving at Quanah the 8th of March and will be in Site #24. I PM'd Bruce.

Weather permitting we will roll in on the 10th site 31 I think. Now that the wife knows about the wine tasting I am guessing weather will not matter.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.[/QUOTE]

Oh, Mike...you just made my morning!!!! It's been "forever" since I've seen the Martian:D

wdk450

I just went to Lowes and bought a 10 foot piece of 3/4 inch metal conduit and a 10 foot piece of 1 inch metal conduit. The 3/4 inch fits just right inside the 1 inch. The 20 foot of conduit cost less than $10. I plan to telescope the 2 pieces together by hacksawing 4 slots in the end of the 1 inch conduit and clamping down on that with a hose clamp. I plan to attach the whole thing to the inside of an exterior slide lip using adjustable C clamps with rubber protective pads. This is actually for a cell phone booster antenna. I have seen other RVers securing their antenna masts to the inside of an exterior slide lip with just large spring loaded material holding clamps.

We'll see how this works. The conduit seems pretty rigid, but I may add expansion foam inside the pipes for more rigidity.