Heartland does a flip flop !

golfrichv

A couple of weeks ago and after waiting for two months my wife and I picked up our new 2016 3750 FL Bighorn at the dealership. Because of the late hour of our walk through we didn't realize till the next day our unit had two different TV's than the ones we thought we were getting. The show model had a 55" LG in the living room and the bedroom TV had a built in DVD player. By the way we ordered one just like the show model. What we received was a 55" Insignia TV and a bedroom TV with no DVD player. When I contacted our salesman he suggested we call Heartland customer service to make the aware of this and he would start working on it from his end with the Heartland rep.

Here's were it gets interesting. I talked with SCOTT a supposed manager at Heartland and here is what Scott told me. The short version "too bad" they make production changes all of the time. When they made the show model they were probably using LG and a bedroom TV with a DVD player. When they made our trailer they used different TV's. I explained it wasn't what I paid for and what we were expecting to get and once again heard, there's nothing I can do for you. We gave you a 55" TV and a bedroom TV. We completed the build. End of story!

I feel completely scammed, flim flamed because I'm a big TV guy and was looking forward to have a 55" LG (good quality) TV and a bedroom TV with built-in DVD player. The LACK of compassion from Heartland on this issue took me by surprise as did Scott's attitude about the entire situation. Perhaps a couple of classes on customer relations for Scott would appropriate.

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks

kowAlski631

Re: Haertland does a major flim flam scam move --- umbleivable !

Just a question - did you specify on your build sheet the brand of TV?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Haertland does a flip flop !

If you read the fine print on just about anything you buy there is usually a disclaimer.
In this case the HL brochure as well as their Web page states something like "we reserve the right to make changes without notification".

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JanAndBill

I think that some dealers order the units without the TVs then buy and install the TV when it comes in, thereby generating additional revenue for themselves. Might want to check if that was the case here?

danemayer

As they explained, production changes happen all throughout the year without notice. In particular, TV and sound system brands and models have changed very frequently over the past few years. Another area that changes fairly frequently is furniture and fixtures. Appliance make and models may change as well. Tires also may change. In fact someone just posted how happy they are that their new trailer came with better tires than the model they walked through at the time they placed their order.

farside291

I don't mind that Heartland changes brands of products but, to replace with a lesser quality brand? I know I wouldn't be very happy.

porthole

Retired

Why is everyone so willing to make excuses for displaying a brand name TV and then shipping with a no name TV?

I'm no LG fan, but if the show trailer had a LG and I was ordering based on the visual perception that the trailer would be shipped with a LG, then it better have an LG, Samsung or Sony when it showed up at the dealer and not an off brand no name, or I would walk.

Westwind

If they can save 5 cents on a purchase they will do it, unfortunately it's not like ordering a new car or truck, that industry wouldn't do that. You could have walked away if the dealer wouldn't correct it to what you thought you were getting.
Sometimes there is an advantage to buying what is on the lot. Your buying what you see.

GOTTOYS

I agree with Duane. I don't like what amounts to a bait and switch on anything I buy. If it came in and was not as represented when I ordered it..I too would walk away. How can Big Horn claim to be a premium model line and then send it out with this cheap junk? I would think there is enough profit being made to enable them to supply some decent quality electronics. It probably would only cost them another $50-100.00 more. Plenty of other manufacturers use quality stuff. I know that over the course of 1,000 units this will cost Heartland some but they could easily increase the price to offset it and nobody would know....I don't ever remember anybody saying "I wish I would have gotten the cheaper one"....Don

kowAlski631

Why doesn't the dealer remove the Tvs from their stock trailer and install for their unhappy customer?

Bohemian

If they can save 5 cents on a purchase they will do it, unfortunately it's not like ordering a new car or truck, that industry wouldn't do that. You could have walked away if the dealer wouldn't correct it to what you thought you were getting.
Sometimes there is an advantage to buying what is on the lot. Your buying what you see.

Except, you would never know about a hardware change for most of the components in a car or truck. Few are branded. None come with model numbers.,

I understand the upset, but ne first needs to know who changed what.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I was not defending anyone, just stating the facts.
I did a little looking on the Best Buy site and found comparable models of 55" LG and Insignia. Both had the same specs.
LG = $500, Insignia = $550.
Don't know what model was/is installed but I doubt either one was a $1,000 TV.

Peace
Dave

dewwood

I can feel your pain, not getting what you order is bad business. I do believe however that the dealer is the one to make this right. You ordered from the dealer a unit just like the one you saw at the show. This is the dealers responsibility, Heartland would have no way of knowing what you and the dealer discussed. The dealer seems to be passing the buck. Go back to the dealer and ask them to make it right since they are the ones who made an inadvertent error.

Bones

I would like to ask a curious question.

If you place an order with a dealer for a camper. You order everything you like base on the model that is shown. That would include all finishes and electronics. If the manufacture changes things mid stream right before your unit is made and it now has finishes you don't like do you have the right to not accept the unit?

donr827

I was not defending anyone, just stating the facts.
I did a little looking on the Best Buy site and found comparable models of 55" LG and Insignia. Both had the same specs.
LG = $500, Insignia = $550.
Don't know what model was/is installed but I doubt either one was a $1,000 TV.

Peace
Dave

I will have to check that out. When I was in the Best Buy close to me last week the Insignia was the worst quality TV they sold. What if they showed a GE fridge in their sales brochure and then gave you a Chinese Heair fridge? Would not be happy.
Don

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

This is what the current build sheet says about tv's...........

Solid Surface C-Tops, Ball Bearing Drawer Guides, Dexter Axels w/EZFlex Suspension &4 Shock Absorbers, Radius Slam Baggage Doors,50AMP Svc, Dual Sat Prep, Black Tank Flush, Underbed Storage, SpareTire & Carrier,12 Gal DSI 110/12V Water Heater, Ext Shower, HydraulicSelector Switches, 18 cu ft Refer, MCD Roller Shades, Flip & FoldSofa,46" LED Flat Screen TV w/AM/FM/CD/DVD Entertainment Center(55" 3750),Universal Docking Station, Drop Frame Storage, King SizeBed (n/a 3160EL),Fantastic Fan w/Rain Sensor, Washer/Dryer Prep,1PcFiberglass Shower, Alum Framed Laminated Floor & Roof, Elect Awningw/LED Light Strip, “Welcome Back Light”, Hidden Hinges, StorageDrawer in step, Alum Rims, Memory Foam Top Mattress, BatteryDisconnect, Beauflor Flooring, Residential Kit Faucet, ABS Hitch Cover,FS Dinette w/2 chairs, Pre wired for Winegard Travler Satellite

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

No I would not be happy. I would not be happy with most changes.
However I do have two Insignia TV's and when it comes time to buy another TV I will look at the Insignia.

Peace
Dave

Bones

I have the Legend brand tv. Not exactly the best TV

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

No where on the build sheet does it mention what brand tv you are going to get. If I was ordering a new one and the dealer said that I was getting a Sony TV then yes I would be ****** and have the dealer change it out, that would be the dealers fault not Heartland.