Getting Ready for the New Camping Season

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's been winter too long here in NoVA. We're happy to see Spring just around the corner and have several big trips planned. The list of things to do on the RV seems almost endless though. Hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew! None of these will keep us from getting out in the RV, but some of them can certainly have an impact on how we get around:

1. Install new vacumn cleaner relay (in the built in vac)
2. Install new off door side scare light (current one is rusting and glass is very clouded)
3. Install new sensor covers on the automatic porch light
4. Install new LED tail lights
5. Install auto transfer switch on the fridge inverter
6. Install "fake" battery vent covers on front cargo bay door to hide "boo-boo" from turning too tight with tailgate down...
7. Install new 12V batteries
8. Install cut-off switch between batteries and inverter
9. Install screen door slider that allows you to open the screen without siding the cover over
10. Repair kitchen floor water damage (the job I dread the most)
11. Install new vinyl flooring in RV

DougS

Doug S
When repairing the floor one of All Purpose saws becomes very helpful in tight places. That's the saw that vibrates the blade in the front and is relatively safe to use.

boatto5er

When repairing the floor one of All Purpose saws becomes very helpful in tight places. That's the saw that vibrates the blade in the front and is relatively safe to use.

My son has one of the battery powered ones. It's on my list of things to "borrow". Usually he's borrowing my stuff, so this will be a switch-r-roo.

dix36

When is your first trip? Sounds to me like you need to psych up your evil twin to give you an assist! :cool:

You are right to dread the kitchen floor repair! Sure hope there is not sub floor damage to contend with. I've now replaced all of our Bighorn's main level flooring, both vinyl and carpet with a Home Depot product called Allure. It is a vinyl plank that I'm really happy with. It's very easy to install. I even used it on both slides.

Good luck and "git 'er did!" According to that groundhog...spring is about to sproing!

Hope to see you two somewhere over this camping season.

boatto5er

When is your first trip? Sounds to me like you need to psych up your evil twin to give you an assist! :cool:

You are right to dread the kitchen floor repair! Sure hope there is not sub floor damage to contend with. I've now replaced all of our Bighorn's main level flooring, both vinyl and carpet with a Home Depot product called Allure. It is a vinyl plank that I'm really happy with. It's very easy to install. I even used it on both slides.

Good luck and "git 'er did!" According to that groundhog...spring is about to sproing!

Hope to see you two somewhere over this camping season.

There is some OSB floor replacement needed, an area about 18" x 30". Got to cut into it to see exactly how bad it is under the vinyl, but there's enough soft floor to know there will be wood replacement involved. I plan on using the Allure to replace the existing vinyl sheeting like you did.

First trip this year will probably be early Apr, followed by a 10 day trip to TN for the SE Regional Rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk