Big Country 4010RD office space mod

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, one of the selling points for this Big Country floorplan with the rear den is that it features two opposing slides with couches, as well as a loveseat opposite the rear TV/entertainment center.

That meant we could remove a couch from one of the slides, and turn that space into my office.

3e36ff760b5229b37b96e26a1ca46774.jpg

Original layout

b861725691cc84fc4a921886962106b2.jpg

Original couch on the door-side

86bd1c56fd418b498da0ca18b454d071.jpg

New office

8491b3c84171d150ba0ce71fe9f27593.jpg

New office -- table top, legs, storage unit, and shelf all from Ikea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

The couch we removed is currently in pieces in storage. The dealer was willing to remove it for us, but we opted to keep it.

MCTalley

Looks great. I knew you'd probably be swapping a couch for a desk. That floorplan lends itself well to a home office setup.

TravelTiger

Looks great. I knew you'd probably be swapping a couch for a desk. That floorplan lends itself well to a home office setup.

Yes, it's great! I love the windows and the storage above, and there are two plugs, located on both ends of slide. It was made for this! We decided to pick this doorside slide for the office, since I would be "in the way" of TV viewing in the other slide. It's fine with me, there are usually better views out the doorside at most RV parks.

For anyone who wants the Ikea info:

1 LINNMON tabletop, multiple colors available, we picked gray. 59" x 29.5"
2 ADILS legs, multiple colors available, we picked black. 27.5" x 1.625" diameter
1 ALEX drawer unit, black/brown or white, we picked black/brown. 14.125" x 27.5"
1 EKBY LAIVA shelf, black/brown. 23.5" x 9.5" x .625" (other sizes of shelving available).
2 EKBY TÖRE shelf brackets that clamp to desktop, silver (can't find size or online).

Initially, we were going to have the table top rest on the drawer unit, as designed. However, that left an awkward gap between the desk and slide wall. So we moved the drawer unit over, and it currently still supports the desk. It gives an additional 8" of surface, a little lower than the table top, but perfect for my file organizer. I think for stability, we are going to add 2 more legs to the right side of the table top so it will be self-supporting from the drawer unit.

I used my previous office chair and rolling pad. The small table in the left corner under the desk with the curtain hides the cat box (we had this previously, also).

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh I see it now. If the cat was a snake, it would have bite me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dlw930

If your cats are like ours, they don't give their seal of approval liberally. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

That looks really nice

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !