Water heater question

relic57

Question on the water heater. I see in the MSRP sheet from 07/30/2015 that the water heater is 12 gal DSI 110/12volt. The previous MSRP from 01/27/2015 has 20 Gallon ph Gas /Electric DSI . I know the ph is for 20 gallon per hour , is the one in the new sheet comparable or what is the difference
Thanks
Dave

danemayer

Question on the water heater. I see in the MSRP sheet from 07/30/2015 that the water heater is 12 gal DSI 110/12volt. The previous MSRP from 01/27/2015 has 20 Gallon ph Gas /Electric DSI . I know the ph is for 20 gallon per hour , is the one in the new sheet comparable or what is the difference
Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

I believe the 20 Gallon Per Hour was a recovery claim from Atwood. The actual tank size was 10 Gallons, but the way it was shaped was claimed by Atwood to produce a fast recovery time.

The 12 Gallon unit may be a Suburban where the 12 Gallons is the actual tank size. I don't think Suburban publishes a recovery spec, so it's kind of apples/oranges.

That said, if you want the fastest possible recovery, turn on both the electric (120V AC), and the propane (12V DC) switches at the same time.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the 12 gal Suburban and as Dan mentioned if we have both gas and electric turned on when we shower we have no problems with the hot water supply. We turn both on initially to get the water up to temp quicly, then the gas gets turned off until shower time.