Video taken with Street Guardian SG9665GC Dash Cam..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I'm not sure if this is the group to post this in but I wanted to tell folks about the Street Guardian SG9665GC Dash Cam.

I have only had it a short time an really like it so far. The following link will take you to my drop box. You can download the video or launch it from the drop box. The Day-night-deer is a combined video showing what it looks like during the day, night and one I took outside of Schulenburg TX the other day where I drove through an exotic deer ranch. In the one with the deer I found out that a bug had hit my windshield right in front of the DC lens. So it is a bit blurry when the deer are running.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gk1gk4k7l3m3dq/AABV0LwB-eNyU49SGHRBSkp_a?dl=0

If you're interested in the Street Guardian take a look at them on Pier28 website. Jon is very helpful. His business is all Dash Cams and in Nevada.

BTW.. I removed all the Audio and GPS info from the video. A program called the Datakam Player - Registrator Viewer is available free for you to view with audio, GPS and video all at the same time.

BC

olcoon

Looks pretty good Bob! Don't like the date format though, wasn't sure if the date hadn't been set, or it was recording a future trip. The first part had you in April, 2016, the second part was in Nov. 2016, but couldn't figure out the last one it had the month as 23, then I thought maybe instead of being month/day/year, maybe it was day/month/year. What's up with it? Normally I'm not too concerned with a date, if it wasn't for my phone, I'd never know the date, or day, usually I can keep track of the month & year! But if you ever needed the video in court that information would be very important.

pegmikef

Looks pretty good Bob! Don't like the date format though, wasn't sure if the date hadn't been set, or it was recording a future trip. The first part had you in April, 2016, the second part was in Nov. 2016, but couldn't figure out the last one it had the month as 23, then I thought maybe instead of being month/day/year, maybe it was day/month/year. What's up with it? Normally I'm not too concerned with a date, if it wasn't for my phone, I'd never know the date, or day, usually I can keep track of the month & year! But if you ever needed the video in court that information would be very important.

Yeah, the date is kind of confusing. The military date always used to be day month year (ascending order), but I don't recall using the slash marks then. . . but then that was 35 years ago.

pegmikef

Hey Bob, does that thing have a video output of some kind so I could plug it in to my nav screen? I have a video input for it. Thanks, Mike

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Roy.. That was my fault.. I hadn't set up the profile correctly.. It had me in another time zone and I did not set the date.. It holds very good with a super capacitor. No battery. Only thing it doesn't do is change time zones when you cross the zone area. You have to set the GMT rather than the CST, EST ect... I talked to Jon about it and the thought it may be something in the firmware in the future..

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Mike.. It does have an AV output. I haven't use it so I don't know what it will do.. The SG9665GC does have a 1.5" LED screen.. With the suggestions of the other users they mount it up beside the mirror out of the way. I can't upload a photo the way the forum treats Windows Explore. Go to this URL and click on the image to make it large and look at the 3 connection points. From L-R, Power, GPS, AV.. I ordered the one that has the GPS included and 32gb memory card. If I were ordering I would do the same except go to the 64GB memory card..
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/d...sony-imx322-sensor-gps-32gb-storage-card.html

BC

- - - Updated - - -

From the manual, it seems that you can set the date format different ways.

DATE Time – DD/MM/YYYY enter the date and time and choose the display format

Timezone - +10 – set as appropriate to your region

I really dislike the way this forum works with Windows Explore. I can not highlight the above to enhance the text.. I do not have any problem with many other forums. I wish this could be fixed.

BC

pegmikef

Thanks Bob. I talked to them on chat and all I need is a mini to rca pluc converter. I don't know about the gps. I think I'm going to get the 32GB chip as I can get the 64GB chip for less than 20 bucks in the PX (just bought one for my tablet I am learning how to use). That way I will have both the 32 and 64 GB chips. Amazon is a few bucks cheaper (since I have prime) and I will have it in two days. Pier28 wants almost 14 bucks to ship it ground mail. Thanks again. Looks like a nice addition to my collection of questionable toys.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Mike.. A reply about the 64G memory chip format. The 32G is formatted in Fat 32. The 64G comes in exFat format. You will have to format the memory chip to 32fat in The Street Guardian and it is not easy to get started. The Dash Cam keeps saying the chip is an error then it says it is full. You have to keep hitting the menu button over and over until the menu comes up. Then tap the menu button twice to get to the second menu to format the 64g chip. I finally got mine to work today.

BC