Torque Generator Area - Use for Storage?

weekender01

We have ordered a 2016 Torque 321 without the generator option so I was wondering if anyone has modified the area where the generator is supposed to fit into a storage area. I am thinking of putting the 50 amp cord, my wood blocks and a few other items in that area in order to save space in the pass through area. In looking at pictures online it appears that there are some supports in the generator area so I was thinking of cutting some plywood to fit then attaching it to the supports somehow. Also from underneath any suggestions on how to block water from coming up into that area?

All suggestions are welcome.
56c46af9b23a22083e538e24.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You could get some galvanized sheet metal and screw it in place, then caulk it.
No worry about wood soaking up water.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

iowaone

I just used some wafer board plywood and painted both sides and the edges with several coats then caulked it good when I put it in. It has been three years and I have ran in plenty of rain. No problems.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I did what you want to do on a previous trailer. I bought some aluminum angle pieces and screwed them into the bottom existing frame. I then bought some sheet metal, made a tub to fit the space, riveted it in place and caulked it. I was able to find everything I needed at the HD.

weekender01

I did what you want to do on a previous trailer. I bought some aluminum angle pieces and screwed them into the bottom existing frame. I then bought some sheet metal, made a tub to fit the space, riveted it in place and caulked it. I was able to find everything I needed at the HD.

Thanks!

MurrayN.

I just got a 2016 Torque 321 without the generator and was thinking about the same thing. But I'm thinking of putting some small mesh expanded metal in for a floor and the putting all of my sewer house and sewer fittings in there.