power reel for 50 amp cord trying to real in cord in cold?

shoprat

Does any one have trouble using the power real to retract there cord in the cold with the rod above the cord. I removed mu rod and have on problem.

danemayer

Hi shoprat,

I moved your post to its own thread in the Power subforum.

I've retracted our cord in sub-zero (F) temps a number of times. I've never had a problem, but I would say the cord is more flexible when it's warmer.

Dumboldles

I have had problems with the power cord reel in hot or cold conditions I'm told it's a two person job....how come isn't it supposed to simplify reeling in & reeling out. I'm not experiencing that.

Dumboldles

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I like mine. No problems with the reel itself. I'd say the rod helps to wind the cable back and forth on the reel. Never really had any problems handling the task by myself regardless of the weather. Cord is definitely more flexible when it's warm outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

Mine comes in about a foot or two, then the reel stops, then starts again, and stops, etc.

The tech at the dealership moved the cord to over top of the bar, he thought it went in better.

mlpeloquin

Have you checked the 12V power that runs the reel motor? Some have reported that the 12V power connections came loose. Perhaps a switch that has a higher resistance that it should. It should not take two people to run the power reel. It retracts the cord smooth as silk cold or warm. I pull the cord straight out so the cord will go in easier. Then I guide the cord onto the real as I push the power switch. Make sure the cable spools evenly. If this does not work, take it in for service.

DougS

Doug S
Our BH was delivered with the power cord going under the rod which was different from our 2011 LM. I tried to rewind the cord and it was not rewinding right. I moved the power cord plug to over the rod and it now works great. If you removed that rod, I would reinstall it and just move the power cord to over the rod.

mlpeloquin

Mine is under the bar. No problems so long as I guide the cord so that it winds evenly. I use a rag so the cable gets dusted off as well.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
X's two on everything Marc said. Never had a problem in either of my rigs with the electric cord reel.

Rod

Mine is under the bar. No problems so long as I guide the cord so that it winds evenly. I use a rag so the cable gets dusted off as well.

SNOKING

Which way does you door swing? Ours is installed so the door hangs down. They had to replace it in the PDI, as the hinges were broken. Seems that it is in harm's way hanging down when open. And the openings for the cable are wrong when extended. I am thinking of turning it over and getting a spring loaded door catch like is used on the front storage area. Just have to check that it is symmetrical and can be reversed. Chris

pegmikef

I like mine opening down because it is easier to reel it in and guide the cable with having to hold it open. I just leave enough slack in the cable so I can close the door fitting the cable into one of the small openings. The weight of the cable holds the door closed.

oldelmer1

My door opens down also, but the cord goes in a few feet and the spool starts clicking and stops turning. Then it goes in a few feet and stops and starts clicking. It doesn't seem to lose power, the spool just seems to slip.

Is there a clutch or something in there that needs to be tightened up?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine swings down and work perfectly that way.

I have a 2015 Landmark 365, my power reel only has power one direction "Retract" It is fairly powerful. Now on the one Big horn I've seen his power real the switch operated in both directions and didn't seem to have near the power that mine has. Same with the 2016 Landmark we worked on last weekend it was really weak too. I almost had to feed the cord to it. So out of the 3 reels I've used all 3 have been different.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Makes sence but it will run the reel in reverse if you hold it.
Maybe your just supposed to hit it once then let go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk