Bicycle Receiver (1-1/4") Option in Landmark

Bicycle Receiver (1-1/4") Option in Landmark - would you order it?

• Yes - We would order this option

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • No - We would not order this option

Votes: 37 71.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdfishing

Re: Bicycle Receiver (1-1/4") Option in Landmark - Please vote

The 2" or non at all. I think understand Heartlands's concerns about what some owner may tow with a 2" receiver, but the 1-1//4" is inadequate, even for bikes.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

The 2" or non at all. I think understand Heartlands's concerns about what some owner may tow with a 2" receiver, but the 1-1//4" is inadequate, even for bikes.

Yesterday, while on our way back from a camping weekend in the mountains, I saw a 5th-wheel trailer with a small SUV in tow behind it.

ksucats

I wish I had taken a picture of the Dodge dually pulling a longer Montana with a Bass fishing boat (double axle trailer) behind it. It was heading east bound on I-70 just west of Topeka this past Saturday. I've seen smaller 5th wheels towing boats before (not all that uncommon around here) but that one on Saturday had to be 65 to 70 foot long. One LONG beast.

Jeff_Nora_Hanna

Florida Chapter Leaders

I added a 2" receiver on my Landmark (costly at the local welding shop) because my bike rack is 2". This is handy since I can put it on my truck and take our bikes to local trails at home and on the road.
When we upgrade to our next Landmark this will be one of my requirements.

Westwind

I've seen so many bikes and bike rack waving and flopping around while on the road that I've changed my mind on the need for one, I've also read a few posts about folks that lost the rack and bikes along the way and didn't know it. There even was a manufacturer that had a sliding frame rack that was busting off the frame during travels. I don't know what you have planned so really take into your plans when working that out. I've seen some really neat frame racks that folks had fabricated by welders and to me that would be a lot better then anything the factory comes up with.
I agree with "NoMadCats" on page 4 that says to stop or help with the bouncing around a double receiver and a modification to the bike rack so it fits into both might help solid it up so the bouncing or swaying was minimal, but with our roads nothing is guaranteed.

I added a 2" receiver on my Landmark (costly at the local welding shop) because my bike rack is 2". This is handy since I can put it on my truck and take our bikes to local trails at home and on the road.
When we upgrade to our next Landmark this will be one of my requirements.

My vote is yes, with a 2" hitch for the same reasons.