Have truck need camper!

bgscott

Hi guys, I have a friend who owns a Sundance and he has gotten me interested in this site. I have been reading your post for a while and am convinced heartland is the way to go. I am probably still six months to a year away from buying and I would love some advice. I have an 07 F25 diesel 4x4, I am pretty conservative when it comes to pulling, which Heartland fifth wheels do you guys think I can pull safely with this rig??

thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There's a guy selling a brand new 3055 that just listed it on our forum under Items for sale. Sounds like a heck of a steal.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
bgscott
To answer your question. In my opinion, with your F250 you should be able to pull any of the Heartland 5th Wheels that have a GVRW of 14,000 or less. Check the specs on your truck. Ford show that my 2006 F250 can pull a 15,000 5th wheel. You can go to a dealer and possibably find this informtion. It is difficult to find on the internet.

The main thing you need to be aware of is the pin weight that your truck can handle.

The 3055 mentioned above would be no problem.

azbound

I agree with TEXBobcat you should be good with any Heartland up to 14K. I am pulling a Bighorn 3400RL with my 2005 Chevy Duramax with no problems. If you experience sag in the rear consider Air Bags and invest in a good trailer brake system. It won't be the uphill that you should concern yourself about.

truknutt

Committed Member
bgscott
To answer your question. In my opinion, with your F250 you should be able to pull any of the Heartland 5th Wheels that have a GVRW of 14,000 or less. Check the specs on your truck. Ford show that my 2006 F250 can pull a 15,000 5th wheel. You can go to a dealer and possibably find this informtion. It is difficult to find on the internet.

I found a link to the 2007 Trailer Life Magazine Guide to Towing. Be advised, it is a PDF file.

This should help put you in the ballpark; your trucks equipment will dictate the exact numbers.

Hope this helps,

The 'Nutt

Last edited:

bgscott

Looking at the towing guide pdf it looks like my configuration can handle 15.5!! how do I figure out the pin weight I can handle??

thanks