What was shipped with this unit - SN in thread

danemayer

I wish I had a second switch to turn off power to the inverter. I only have one switch and the inverter always has power.

Do you have a remote switch for the inverter?
inverter remote switch crop.jpg

While less convenient, you can also turn the inverter on and off at the local power button on the bottom of the inverter.
inverter controls crop annotated.jpg

crussian

Yes, the top drawing is what I thought was the correct switch to turn on when only on batteries and driving. Is that a wrong assumption

danemayer

Yes, the top drawing is what I thought was the correct switch to turn on when only on batteries and driving. Is that a wrong assumption

Assuming you haven't cut power between the battery and the inverter, the pictured remote switch will turn on the inverter so that you have power to the refrigerator while towing.

Any time the battery has been removed or power to the inverter has been interrupted, you must manually restart it if you want it to run.

Our Residential Refrigerator User Guide covers this and much more that you may find helpful.

Bones

Do you have a remote switch for the inverter?
View attachment 43416

While less convenient, you can also turn the inverter on and off at the local power button on the bottom of the inverter.
View attachment 43420
Yes I have all those but the inverter always has juice going to it. They must have implemented the extra battery switch after mine

- - - Updated - - -

The only time I turn my one switch off is when the trailer goes into storage.