What was shipped with this unit - SN in thread

Squirlee

2015 Oakmont 345RS - 5SFBG372XFE295744

How many batteries were shipped with my unit and did it ship with the auto leveling system?

My invoice says the 6 point leveling system "comes with a battery" plus we purchased a battery from the dealer because they said we need a battery. That would lead me to believe there should be 2 batteries. The battery box that came with the trailer is also for 2 batteries but there is only one battery.

One of the work orders that came with the trailer says they installed 2 batteries, and then removed one of those batteries and cables leaving only one battery (it even says they put the battery and cables back into inventory).

And the new battery that they installed failed when trying to do the auto level during pre-delivery (low battery).

Maybe I just don't understand but it seems I paid for a battery that should have "come with" the leveling system. Further, I think this trailer should have come with 2 batteries?

Again, maybe I don't understand and I am not trying to point the finger or put down a dealer (because they were actually really good to deal with).

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Dumboldles

My new unit listed one battery included but was surprised when the dealership included two. I do have the 6 point leveling system.

Dumboldles

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The factory does not actively monitor all threads. You would be best served by calling Heartland Customer Service.
Do you have the residential refrigerator?

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Now I might be wrong here, but most units with a residential refrigerator have a dedicated battery with transfer switch.
So I think your rig should have had two batteries, although not wired together.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

The factory installed residential refrigerator should have come with 2 batteries unless the factory has made a recent change. The 2 batteries are wired in parallel and share the amp hours across the regular 12V stuff plus a dedicated inverter that powers the refrigerator when not hooked up to shore power. I've attached a block diagram that's probably close to what you have.

Attachments

• Residential Refrig Wiring v1 Landscape.pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 34

wehavefun

If you order a non residential fridge and 6 point level up, the units come from the factory with 1 installed battery. I would think the residential fridge units would come with 2.

Squirlee

How do the batteries charge back up? If I plug into shore power should they charge automatically?

We have had it plugged in to shore power for over a week and the battery power is under 12v.

danemayer

How do the batteries charge back up? If I plug into shore power should they charge automatically?

We have had it plugged in to shore power for over a week and the battery power is under 12v.

Sounds like your 12V DC mini-circuit breaker between Power Converter and Battery is tripped. It's a manual reset with a teeny-teeny-tiny button on the end. You may have to feel for it unless you have pretty sharp eyesight. Look for the buss bar and mini-circuit breakers near the batteries. They may be covered by a red rubber boot.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 41
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 37

Squirlee

Still won't charge. If my magnum pure sine invertor is turned off will that cause the no charging problem?

danemayer

Is the Magnum Inverter factory installed for the Residential Refrigerator? If so, turning it off may save a little battery power. But it's not likely to be causing the batteries to not charge unless it has a serious malfunction.

I assume you found the mini-breaker with reset button and pressed it.

If you have auto-leveling, turn it on and cycle the mode to read the voltage. If on shore power, you should be getting around 13.4V DC. That would establish that the batteries are getting power from the Power Converter and the batteries should be recharging. You can also check with a volt meter at the battery terminals.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your dealer messed with the 12 volt system, they should be the one to figure out why you are not charging.
One thing worth noting is that if the battery terminals were shorted or hooked up backward that could blow the fuses on the converter/charger.

Peace
Dave

Squirlee

I will take it to the dealer and have them take a look. It is under 12v while plugged into the house. I checked both on the leveling system gauge and with a voltmeter.

I have found 3 breakers but none of them have that little button.

Thank you for all the replies folks. It really is appreciated having people that have experience with these things to try and help.

danemayer

The output of the Power Converter is not getting to the battery. If you use the annotated picture I posted earlier, you should be able to identify the thick wire coming from the Power Converter to see if you're getting 13.4V DC on one side of the breaker. If not, you likely have a blown fuse on the Power Converter. It's usually located behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage.

On edit: it also could be a 120V AC circuit breaker that's tripped or the Power Converter plug could have come out of the outlet.

Squirlee

So this is what I have. The inverter is flashing between zeros and 11.5. I have checked voltage at all the points I could see and they all have 11.7v which is what the battery is currently at. The voltage at the large cable coming out of the inverter is also 11.7v.

20160307_183809.jpg
[/URL]

20160307_183807.jpg
[/URL]

20160307_183507.jpg
[/URL]

20160307_183211.jpg
[/URL]

danemayer

You posted pictures of the Inverter, not the Power Converter. Inverters change 12V DC into 120V AC. Converters change 120V AC into 12V DC.

The Power Converter supplies 12V DC power to the fuse box inside the coach, and also to the battery to keep it charged.

The inverter that powers the refrigerator is usually in the front compartment near the batteries.

The Power Converter is usually behind the rear wall of the pass through storage. I've attached a picture from a Landmark 365 with the rear wall out of the way.

The Landmark 365 User Guide might help you out. A lot of the components are the same.

The 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide might also help you figure out what's going on.

Attachments

• Power Converter notated.jpg
    Power Converter notated.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 45