Edge 357

MRBailey

Interested in this model. Currently have just a 5th wheel, Edge owners, what do you like most about the Edge? vs. Road Warrior/Cyclone. Also, is there a benefit to the 2nd bathroom?

Matt

Skywrench

Full Timer
Interested in this model. Currently have just a 5th wheel, Edge owners, what do you like most about the Edge? vs. Road Warrior/Cyclone. Also, is there a benefit to the 2nd bathroom?

Matt

We have the Edge 397 and love it. The thing that put the 397 above the Cyclone & RW was the floor plan and price. We like the fact that when you sit down to watch TV, you have it directly in front of you instead of having it at your side. The 357 & 397 have a similar floor plan for the living area. If you shop around, you can get a pretty good deal on the Edge vs the other two. The main negative on the Edge line is the lack of options. As far as I know they don't yet come with 6 point auto level option or choice of colors.

Ghall

Matt,

We just purchased the Edge 357. After going through all of them the biggest thing Is options like the auto level. I have a buddy that purchased the big cyclone a few weeks before I did.He has been in mine and has pointed out the different things that he likes about the Edge vs. his Cyclone. For me it was what was practical for a guy with a wife and 2 kids. I looked and shopped a lot and this for me the Edge was the best bang for the buck.

Glen

hboy1

I think if you have kids, there is a benefit to a 2nd bath. It's a personal preference tho. We went with a Road warrior because we wanted the auto leveling. We looked at the edge and like the price better. They are essentially the same thing with different level of options. With Road Warrior, I don't think we could have gotten one without the generator, so you have to pay for that. Same on the auto leveling. If those are not important options for ya, then may as well not pay for them.

Good luck shopping.

hboy1

How does your SRW do with it?

It's okay. It's still new to me and I've only pulled it in 25mph wind....

I hit the scales with it when it was new and empty. Scaled pin weight is 3,000lbs empty. Heartland web site shows 3,200lbs.

I'm using the Andersen Ultimate hitch.

MRBailey

Thanks for the info. We were wondering if we would need to upgrade to a dually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hboy1

Thanks for the info. We were wondering if we would need to upgrade to a dually.

It's worth a try with the 1 ton you have now. If you don't like the pull- you can always move to the dually.

The RW 355 is a 2 axle that is within the weight limits of the SRW I have now. I think the DRW will always be 'better' for these higher profile loads.