Heartland North Trail Quality

Capgrass

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the encouraging input I have received on my questions concerning the 2012 Fx23 North Trail Focus edition I am considering. The only experience I have had in the Travel Trailer world was a 17' hi-lo a few years ago. Wasn't really impressed with the build quality of that trailer. Just curious as there are 100's of trailer choices out there, How would you owners compare the build quality and ruggedness of the Heartland models and specifically the North Trail line. Thanks once again.

Capgrass

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I think you will love the North Trail line! I have a 21FBS 2012 and never an issue! It is a super trailer and the quality is very impressive!
Can't compare it to anything else as Heartland was the only brand I looked at that fit my floor plan needs.
Good luck in your decision!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had 2 great North Trails. Some small minor issues but nothing that ever kept us from camping. Lots of miles. A well built trailer.
Good Luck.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the encouraging input I have received on my questions concerning the 2012 Fx23 North Trail Focus edition I am considering. The only experience I have had in the Travel Trailer world was a 17' hi-lo a few years ago. Wasn't really impressed with the build quality of that trailer. Just curious as there are 100's of trailer choices out there, How would you owners compare the build quality and ruggedness of the Heartland models and specifically the North Trail line. Thanks once again.

Capgrass

Outside of the HOC we rv regularly with about 15 other couples. We have seen what else is out there. The NT is without a doubt a well built trailer, so much so some friends of ours just bought one last weekend. We took ours up in the mountains all the time up logging trails, dirt roads, out on the beach at Big Mac and to SC and back. In two years the only "issue" we had was the water line into the water heater vibrated loose. That was my fault mostly as I check on them regularly and forgot it.

'Lil Guy'

Before joining the Heartland family, we were shopping for our 1st TT. The NT21FBS was our choice as to the size we were after and the quality of the build. Just looked and felt more solid to us. Only had it for one season but we loved it till we decided to start moving up1 foot at a time.lol
As a matter of fact, I have a new cover (expedition) for the NT21FBS still in the garage that is free to a good home.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We liked our 2010 NT so much and looked at quite a few other brands out there that we ended up buying a new 2016 NT last year. The new one has been very pleasing to have as the last one.

dc1418

Hi, Do I understand you have a expedition cover for a NT 21fbs available. I have a NT22rbk , I believe both trailers are similar in size, about 26' 6" overall length. I have been wanting a cover for my camper. Is your cover in good shape, no rips, or tears, can you send a picture, and would you be willing to ship it, at my expense? Thanks and have a great day.
Dylan

Hi. We are buying a 2011 North Trail and I have one concern. As you stand in front on the outside there are noticeable ripples in the aluminum. We've been told that some units do this but this is the first time dealing with this lot and want to ask if anyone has seen this before. The person told me he has seen it on new campers (not Heartland) from different manufacturers. Just wondering if anyone has info that would be useful. Have sent email to Heartland but haven't heard from them. Thanks, Merrycamper

jimtoo

Hi Merrycamper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some info for you soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Bgthomas

I'm not the original owner, but we have a 2012 32BUDS we bought in 2015. I inspected thoroughly when I took it over and found not one fault - some mods I want, but nothing wrong from the factory. The original owner cited a few things like the bedroom doors and cabinet hinges popping out (that's why God invented epoxy glue). I love my rig and love doing tweaks.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi. We are buying a 2011 North Trail and I have one concern. As you stand in front on the outside there are noticeable ripples in the aluminum. We've been told that some units do this but this is the first time dealing with this lot and want to ask if anyone has seen this before. The person told me he has seen it on new campers (not Heartland) from different manufacturers. Just wondering if anyone has info that would be useful. Have sent email to Heartland but haven't heard from them. Thanks, Merrycamper

Not sure if you mean the silver diamond plate, or the Fiberglass skin? I don't know that aluminum is Used on the exterior. Maybe you could post a pic, so someone could advise better.

We had a 2008 NT. During our first year, we had a bubble and a horizontal crease appear midway across the front of the rig, called the front cap. Heartland authorized replacement of the front cap. Later years of the North Trail design, Heartland added a 1/4 section of diamond-plate sheet to the front bottom section of the front cap, supposedly to help with this area that gets tire spray in wet conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Later years of the North Trail design, Heartland added a 1/4 section of diamond-plate sheet to the front bottom section of the front cap, supposedly to help with this area that gets tire spray in wet conditions.

Our Trail Runner had that diamond metal plate on the front.

I think it was referred to as a rock chip plate.

jstarwal

Hello everyone great reading about this North Trail. I've got a North Trail Caliber 29 rets we've owned it for about a year and so far we really enjoy it. Only problem I have is several bubbles on the roof. Will stop by the dealer to have them look at them. where do y'all get the United States map that shows the states you've been in the different colored States on your signature. I've been looking for it and can't find it.
See y'all at the Weatherford, TX rally.

Domi

We got out 2011 NT 28 RBS in September of last year. We also have the wavyness on the front cap. There is a thread on the forums about it, and it looks like it is not an issue. I did make sure to put some caulk between the diamond plate and the front cap to make sure nothing got between them.

Capgrass, we have loved our so far. It has been a great trailer and we are looking forward to many years of use.

John