North Trail - Electric Tongue Jack for 2015 North Trail 28BHS

Mburke

I am trying to find out what weight Electric Jack I need for my 2015 North Trail BHS. I assume 3,000 lbs would be enough but I want to make sure. Also are there any particular Electric Jack you would suggest to install or not install?

What is your tongue weight? I think it is 700 to 800 pounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

silvasp

Don't forget. If you have a weight distribution hitch, you will need to lift the back of the truck too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Regardless of the weight capacity you decide on, be sure to check how the jack is manually operated, should the need arise. Some require a special crank fitting, others use a socket wrench fitting. I prefer the socket wrench type.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Two other considerations.
1. Power head size. Clearance with the tailgate may be an issue if the powerhead is very big.
2. Stroke length. Too short and you may have problems with getting the WD hitch hooked/unhooked, especially on un-level sites.

Stan1020

Can you share which one you bought? I'm looking into getting an electric tongue jack and want to know what's a good model. Thanks!

Power247

I bought a Husky 3500 for our 26' SOB TT and it was more than enough jack. After the first time I used it I really kicked myself for not getting it sooner.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310