Cyclone 3611JS

MRBailey

Hello,

We have looked at all 4 types of Toy Haulers that Heartland has to offer. This model has everything we want, and we hear a lot of good things about Cyclones. Does anyone have this new model? :rolleyes: Any thoughts about Cyclones in general? Thanks in advance.

Edit: What do you think the minimal tow vehicle for the 3611JS should be?

Last edited:

Jim-Lynn

In my opinion, you can not go wrong with Cyclone & more so Heartland. We have been very happy with our Cyclone and Have used Heartland Customer Service with great results.
all the best in your decision.
Jim

BLHFUN

In my opinion, you can not go wrong with Cyclone & more so Heartland. We have been very happy with our Cyclone and Have used Heartland Customer Service with great results.
all the best in your decision.
Jim

Ditto Love my 4200 Cyclone and the service I've recieved from Heartland.

MRBailey

Any ideas about tow vehicles for this model? We have a F-350 SRW at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

Dry Weight 15.3 - Hitch 3485LBS - Gross 17K - what Setup is your current 6.4 F350 for Payload? All Standard options for the 09 shows the Payload around 3500 LBS - (low 3400 - High 3550) -

I personally drive a F350 DRW and would not tow the larger 5'vrs without one. Yours seems to be at the MAX of your 6.4 - Load your TH up and go weigh it- Then let the Math dictate the size of your vehicle. The DRW is very stable and just enhances the pleasure of the trip. Why be stressed out during vacation worrying about the TV :)

MRBailey

Shared this with the DH, and he agrees with you. Now we are just making a plan to make it happen and afford it. Might take a bit. :) We both work, might as well play while we have the chance. :) Although, I've been trying to convince him to upgrade to a dually for quite some time now.

Dry Weight 15.3 - Hitch 3485LBS - Gross 17K - what Setup is your current 6.4 F350 for Payload? All Standard options for the 09 shows the Payload around 3500 LBS - (low 3400 - High 3550) -

I personally drive a F350 DRW and would not tow the larger 5'vrs without one. Yours seems to be at the MAX of your 6.4 - Load your TH up and go weigh it- Then let the Math dictate the size of your vehicle. The DRW is very stable and just enhances the pleasure of the trip. Why be stressed out during vacation worrying about the TV :)

Jv75353

Shared this with the DH, and he agrees with you. Now we are just making a plan to make it happen and afford it. Might take a bit. :) We both work, might as well play while we have the chance. :) Although, I've been trying to convince him to upgrade to a dually for quite some time now.

You are making a wise descision in my opinion. Your 2009 F350 is rated to tow just under 16,000 lbs and has a max GCWR of 23,000 lbs per Fords 2009 Fleet Towing Guide. When you do the math take the 23,000 lb GCWR minus the 17,000 lb max loaded new trailer means your fully loaded truck should not exceed 6,000 lb which is not possible. Good luck with your TV search.

FiremanBill

We have a 2013 3110. The only issues we have had with it other than the blowmax tires that came with it have been self inflicted. lol

We absolutely love it and would buy another one tomorrow. We did upgrade to a 1 ton dually though as our old F-250 just didn't have the load capacity to carry it. Plenty of motor but even with the airbags on the rear end it was still a challenge to tow it.

Plus we were legally over the max rating of the truck and I don't like being on the receiving end of lawsuits, or worse, if we had gotten in an accident...

Securityman

We got a 2015 3110 cyclone , had a few small issues from the dealer , and heartland stepped up and took care of it all for me , very happy with both. I listened to everyone on here about buying a dually , didn't think I would like it , first dually and first diesel 3500 2015 ram , love it and towing with it is a dream!! I used to tow a bumper pull toy hauler with a gas truck , it's like night and day between the two . The 3611js looks like a sweet floor plan !!

SparkyD

I too am interested in a 3611JS, or Road Warrior 362. The main issue for us is the lack of laundry prep. AJ Jones mentioned the lines could be ran (through the 1/2 bath to the garage) by the dealer. He said a ventless washer/dryer combo may be the way to go. Does anyone here have any input on this issue, like if there is a way to use a vented model, and how to make the installation look decent? I love the floorplan, but with 3 small kids, laundry is a top priority.

hboy1

Someone on this forum did a vented dry mod and it looked really good. I'm not sure where it is. Hopefully you can find it.

From what I have read from users of both vented and vent less, I think the consensus is vented dryer is the way to go. If you are not doing much laundry, then vent less will suffice. With 3 kids, laundry piles up quick!

MRBailey

We don't want to live in it, and we don't have any kids. I teach Special Ed, thus, I already have many children and Matt is in the Navy, so the toy hauler and everything is our fun time. We have two fur kids though. Nice to hear about the modifications though. Might come in useful at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk