Replacement gears GCI EZ8RVS

Lynn1130

I have determined that the nylon gears in the fuel station pump have swelled and stop the pump from pumping fuel. I guess this is a fairly common problem and has a fix with GCIs replacement part number 1212 but I'm having trouble locating that part. Does anyone have a source for this part?

I have solved the problem for now by backing the bolts out a turn or two taking pressure off of the gears but this is really just a bandaid for now.

wdk450

Is this the right parts kit? http://www.amazon.com/Overhaul-Incl-Motor-Shaft-Replacement/dp/B00BZ0O1O0

On Edit: READ the 1st review on the Amazon user reviews for this item. Note that you may be able to get free gears from the pump mfr. with info contained in that review.
Review By MR CAMPER on September 27, 2015.

On 2nd edit: Here is a direct link to the multi-step pump repair procedure on the Razer Toyhaulers Owners Forum, including how to contact the pump manufacturer for a free replacement gear set:
http://www.rzrforums.net/tow-rigs-trailers-camping/146984-fixing-seized-toyhauler-fuel-pump.html

Lynn1130

Thanks. I have looked at both of those while researching and it does not appear, from my contact with GCI that these are the new gears. I talked with the techs there and they no longer provide gears free. The company has changed hands.

wdk450

Couldn't the company reps give you a part number and place to buy the new style gears? You might do a question to the sellers on the Amazon listing to see if they are selling the newer, chemical-resistant, tan-colored, gears.

Does new company ownership mean that the prior warranty is invalid? When I worked at companies and there was a company sale, the buying company issued a simple statement that they ASSUMED ALL ASSETS AND LIABILITIES OF THE OLD COMPANY. A warranty is a liability to a company.

As a last resort, the poster of the repair thread had a procedure using fine sandpaper to evenly grind down the swollen thickness of the gears. Maybe you could do that.

Good luck with this. It sounds like there are many, many other toyhauler owners with this problem.

Lynn1130

As mentioned in my first post the part number is 1212. The pump is 3 years out of warranty. The fix mentioned by others can leave the gears too small if not done correctly. They then won't pump fuel. The sources the company gave me are not working.

I have covered just about everything except begging and in the last call to the tech that worked. He is sending out the new gears

I had tried just about everything prior to posting here.

Thanks ks for trying.

Lynn1130

After the tech at GCI offered to send a new set of gears free of charge I got a call from the second vendor I had called trying to get a price on replacements. He wanted $85 for them. The first vendor wanted $50. Seems those gears are made of gold.