New Pics

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Didn't ya love the park? We didn't camp there but spent a day climbing the dunes. Great picture.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Off subject question for you. Do you have your bikes on fork mounts set on the side rail with the bikes sitting on a tool box? I tried that setup but my bikes hit the front cap during turns. Have you had any issues?

When I was planning for this setup I measured for the way you described and even with an 8 ft box it was not going to work. What I did was buy a in bed tool chest and mounted the fork mounts to it instead. I went with this http://www.uwsta.com/p/60-standard-chest-1?pp=12 for 3 reasons. It was the biggest chest I could find, made in the USA, and their lids are really thick to hold the load of the bikes. I still have to loosen and turn the rear most bikes handle bar to keep it from hitting, but having this setup in 3 pick ups we have not hit the rig so far. I just use ratchet straps to the bed rail to keep the rear tires from bouncing. We will be moving in a couple of days and I can take some pics for you if interested.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
d69607f30041557b54d94bdbd651c40e.jpg

This is in Slidell La. We are parked next to a very nice couple from Iowa. Our rig is 13'3" and the water during Katrina was about 7 feet more right where we sit! It is hard for me to imagine.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
They are over 3 hours away. Not an easy thing to do. Lol. All though if they find their way through here again it could work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
They are over 3 hours away. Not an easy thing to do. Lol. All though if they find their way through here again it could work out.

Oh, ok, sorry, thought y'all were closer. But hey, 3 hours in Texas isn't that far, I'm driving that every weekend, from Dallas to Cisco (3 hours one way) and back, while I work in Dallas during the week.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Next time would definitely be better. We have family here and they are keeping us busy.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.