underbelly

We are on vacation in Yuma, AZ, but from Ontario Canada. On our journey down here we realized our fresh water tank did not hold water. We contacted our dealer in Ontario with the picture that was taken of the problem, and he got in touch with Heartland to find out a dealer that would look at our issue. We have a new 2015 Big Country 3450 bought in August of 2015. LaMesa RV in Yuma was given our issues and they had us come in on January 12, 2016 and they kept our trailer for a full day to go over it to see what parts were needed to fix our issue, as it was all warranty work. They told us at that time it would take at least 5 weeks to get this part in. I think our mistake was telling them that we were not leaving until April 1. After 5 weeks we called and they said, no they have not seen the tank yet, but would let us know when they received it. Again we called and we were given the possible date of tomorrow, Friday March 18. Well today they say that Purolator has not delivered the tank yet and they tracked it and it should be in on Monday. So then it is Tuesday that they HOPE to be able to take our trailer again for another day, while we wander homeless and look for something to do. Before we had others travelling with us and they helped us by feeding us at that time, but now they have all gone home and we are here with our neighbours. So our question is, Is this normal to get this SLOW service from Heartland? Or is our issue LaMesa RV? Either way this kind of service as far as we are concerned is very lackadaisical!!!!!!
Thanks for your time
John & Sharon Vandenberg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 126

danemayer

Hi Johnvandenberg,

It's not normal. If you'd like to find out exactly when the dealer ordered the tank, when it shipped, and when it should arrive, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can fill you in on the details.

After you find out what's been going on, circle back around and fill us in.

Thanks for the offer. We should be fine. I am calling tomorrow just to get the scoop on what happened with all of this situation. I will let everyone know what their version of the story is!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just for future reference, anytime a dealer says they have to order a part or a part is on order check with Heartland Customer Service yourself to verify it has been ordered. Dealers are notorious for 'stretching the truth' when it comes to telling customers parts are on order.

Well I just called Customer Service at Heartland and they told me that the tank was ordered March 1st! Very interesting! Since we brought it in on January 12 for them to assess, this is ridiculous! BUT we need this work done in a timely fashion, so it is not a great idea on our part to complain about this now. Maybe it will be something that is for future reference! Thanks everyone for your help in this matter.
Sharon & John

Aandaar

Yes it is very consistent. I now on a fist name basis with HL customer service. HL is awesome to work with dealerships are a pain. Once my factory warranty expires and my extended starts I will never set foot in a dealer service center again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

jdamude

We live approximately 4 hours from our dealer. They gave been great with us however it's a long way to drive for service. We gave experienced a few issues with our unit and if your handy and don't mind doing the work, Heartland Service will direct ship the parts to you. I have done this a few tines and it has worked out very well.

macjj

The info and reviews on that website are so outdated that it is worthless.

As near as I can tell it was last updated 3/20/16. If you have a better site to quote, I will be more than happy to bookmark it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
As near as I can tell it was last updated 3/20/16. If you have a better site to quote, I will be more than happy to bookmark it.

The Colorado page is so outdated that half of the RV servicers listed there are either not in business anymore or have changed their names.

And our previous dealer that we bought our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner isn't even listed there, nor is my current dealership.

And when I tried to leave a review, the website wouldn't accept the review and kept booting me off of the page.

Last time I went through the Colorado reviews there the latest addition was around 2008.

As far as another RV servicer review site . . . I haven't found one.

macjj

Good points, maybe someone needs to start one. This forum might be a good start. I ca,e to this forum when I was first considering, primary checking out dealerships. I did go to the RV Service Reviews and noted the Yuma LaMesa dealer had better reviews than San Diego, but I was turned off from them by friends and past experiences. But then reviews are like opinions - everyone's got one. I will look around for a more reliable source.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk