ATF: Road Warrior - Road Warrior 427 wrong pin box?

toddzimm1

I bought a new 2016 Road Warrior 427 a few weeks ago, and I noticed today while checking it out the pin box has a decal that says the max gvw rating of the pin box is 18,000 pounds. This is a 20,000 lb gvw trailer. This makes me a little nervous. Did they install the wrong pin box from the factory? Has anyone else heard of this?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I bought a new 2016 Road Warrior 427 a few weeks ago, and I noticed today while checking it out the pin box has a decal that says the max gvw rating of the pin box is 18,000 pounds. This is a 20,000 lb gvw trailer. This makes me a little nervous. Did they install the wrong pin box from the factory? Has anyone else heard of this?

The best way to get an answer is to call Heartland customer service and ask them. When calling have your Vin # ready and you can get that phone # ooff the Portals page listed along the top of this page.

toddzimm1

Today I received an official answer from Lippert Controls and Heartland that someone mislabeled the pin box. So thank goodness nothing major. Thank you Heartland for your quick response.

ram_1955

I cannot find anything on mine that says what the weight rating is. Where did you find yours.

Lippert/Heartland response. How conveint that yours is labeled 18K and it just happened to be mislabeled and they knew it right away!

Bigburd

Does the new label make it the correct one? What are the differences between the two?
Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change a thing, it is still a pig.
Just saying.