Sundance 3300ck:Receiver hitch info

I have a Sundance 3300ck(bunk house) which is approx. 37 feet. Has anyone ever put one on a camper similar to this? I would prefer to use a 2 inch receiver. This would be used mostly for hauling a generator/gas and or bikes. Would it be better to have dealer installed or have one custom made. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Snatchypants,

I just put a 3500 lb Rating 2in hitch on my 4in box bumper on a 3600QB Sundance. I drilled out 4 holes and put 5 inch bolts through the bumper. They do make hitches that use U-bolts around the bumper.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Every time I read about generators put on back bumper receiver hitches and racks, the outcome isn't good.

Too much bounce back there . . .

BobX2

I would never trust a generic, bolt on type of hitch, for anything. It's worth the money to have a custom, STOUT hitch welded in place. Anything that attached to the bumper is at risk. Those bumpers are not meant to carry any kind of a load. The spare tire is all I would ever attach to mine. Three cross members were welded on, and the tow bar welded to them. Nothing is attached to the trailer bumper.

rhodies1

Every time I read about generators put on back bumper receiver hitches and racks, the outcome isn't good.

Too much bounce back there . . .

agree these bumpers will not handle add on items.I had an SOB and the bumper broke clear with just the spare tire mounted on it.That is we're the manufacturer installed the spare tire carrier.I had a custom 4 in square bumper manufactured and welded to the unit properly,OEM bumpers don't cut it.