Couple of ideas regarding my new 390MBL

Pirana

The first thing I noticed is that when I get into the camper at night, there is no light switch in the hallway or entrance. It would be nice to have the hallway light switch outside the switch cabinet...speaking of the switch cabinet...the latches should not be installed on the top of the door when the knob is at the bottom of the door. This causes the door hinge to be in a bind when you open the door. Just a couple of thoughts.

Sam-Tafi

Hey Pirana,

My wife and I have the same unit as you. We love it more and more as we use it more and more. However, like you, we have a few things we would change.

No electric outlets near the master bed? My job requires me to have my phone nearby all the time and we were disappointed to learn that there are no close outlets. we solved this by drilling a hole and mounting an outlet in the cubby near the closet, then a good quality extension cord through the closet back to the washer/dryer area where there is an outlet. It looks great, but should have come that way!

I know I'm nit-picking, but the closer on the screen door is another small fix. It seems you have to shut it firmly or squeeze the lock mechanism to get it to engage.

On the whole, it's awesome. Our favorite feature by far (OK MY favorite feature!) is the auto-leveling. That was always such a pain with our previous trailer.

Enjoy your travels!

Sam n Tafi

danemayer

No electric outlets near the master bed?

Are you sure? I don't know if your trailer has them, but most do. Sometimes you need a flashlight to find them on the sides of the bed platform.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Hey Pirana,

My wife and I have the same unit as you. We love it more and more as we use it more and more. However, like you, we have a few things we would change.

No electric outlets near the master bed? My job requires me to have my phone nearby all the time and we were disappointed to learn that there are no close outlets. we solved this by drilling a hole and mounting an outlet in the cubby near the closet, then a good quality extension cord through the closet back to the washer/dryer area where there is an outlet. It looks great, but should have come that way!

I know I'm nit-picking, but the closer on the screen door is another small fix. It seems you have to shut it firmly or squeeze the lock mechanism to get it to engage.

On the whole, it's awesome. Our favorite feature by far (OK MY favorite feature!) is the auto-leveling. That was always such a pain with our previous trailer.

Enjoy your travels!

Sam n Tafi

Look under the bed platform towards the head of the bed and I bet you will find one on each side. That is where ours are located.

Sam-Tafi

Dang, not only an idiot, but a PUBLIC idiot!

My wife and I laughed long and hard over this one. I still like our "solution" and will probably use the one we installed anyway as it is easier and more convenient to access. (He said, still trying to justify his behavior.)