Subscribed Threads?

L'l John

I don't make many posts in the forum but do read most post made.
There used to be a place to subscribe to threads that I had posted to, and probably still is, but I cannot find it since the forum has moved to a different server.
How can I subscribe to posts that I have replied to?

StevieWonder

It's under "Quick Links" on the blue title bar on the far right side next to the "Log Out" title. Click on the arrow and you'll find it in the scroll-down list.

L'l John

I have found what you refer to (subscribed threads), but how do I subscribe to threads that I have replied to? Seems that there used to be a way to automatically be subscribed to threads that were replied to.

StevieWonder

Not sure about the "automatic" functionality. Need somebody above my paygrade to direct you to that, if it's available.

truknutt

Committed Member
I don't make many posts in the forum but do read most post made.
There used to be a place to subscribe to threads that I had posted to, and probably still is, but I cannot find it since the forum has moved to a different server.
How can I subscribe to posts that I have replied to?

L'l John,

The only way I know of to subscribe is to actually open the thread in question. A "tool bar" will appear at the top of the thread. Look for "THREAD TOOLS". Open the drop down and the last option should be "Subscribe to this Thread". Follow the prompts and have at it!

This should get you started in the correct direction. It has been my experience to always find the hardest way to do things on this Forum!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: If there is a shortcut, I hope one of those in the know will chime in!!

L'l John

TruckNutt,
I agree with the method you describe. Only way I have found lately.
I don't know why I was thinking that I had earlier found a check box where one could automagicly be subscibed to a thread that was replied to. Must have been some other forum.

truknutt

Committed Member
TruckNutt,
I agree with the method you describe. Only way I have found lately.
I don't know why I was thinking that I had earlier found a check box where one could automagicly be subscibed to a thread that was replied to. Must have been some other forum.

I guess the info I gave was for threads that you had already replied to in the past or just wanted to be included in. If you want to subscribe AS you reply; then just "POST REPLY" and scroll the whole screen down a bit to "ADDITIONAL OPTIONS".

There you can sign up for "Thread Subscription".

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
If you click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread, it has an option to "Subscribe to this thread".
Fred

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Click the USER CP link on the left side of the menu bar above.
Look on the left side under the SETTINGS & OPTIONS title, click on the EDIT OPTIONS.
In the 2nd box down with the MESSAGING & NOTIFICATION title, locate the DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION option.
Click the drop down box. Make sure the DO NOT SUBSCRIBE option is not checked. You have the option of how you wish to be notified, if desired.

I think this is what you are looking for.

L'l John

Click the USER CP link on the left side of the menu bar above.
Look on the left side under the SETTINGS & OPTIONS title, click on the EDIT OPTIONS.
In the 2nd box down with the MESSAGING & NOTIFICATION title, locate the DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION option.
Click the drop down box. Make sure the DO NOT SUBSCRIBE option is not checked. You have the option of how you wish to be notified, if desired.

I think this is what you are looking for.

I am replying to this post and will see if your suggestion works. Looks like it should. This of course after following your instructions.