EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 9/9/2016 to 9/11/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Nancy,
We are planning to attend Canton and likely arrive on 9-8-16 thru 9-11

We just live about 25 miles from Canton so let us know if you need any help with anything. Tell Dave I have a membership to Garden Valley if he wants to play there that week.

Great, Tim & Beckey! I've got you down.

You know Dave is always ready to play golf! ;)

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hey Nan, we're registered for Sep 6 to Sep 13. Looking forward to seeing everybody then, Orville and Barbara

U2fletch

Nancy and Dave, we just signed up. Will arrive the 8th and stay 3 nights. This will be our first rally, and are very excited since we ordered our Cyclone 3110 and are expecting it to arrive mid July.

Jeff and Lisa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nander

Nancy and Dave, we just signed up. Will arrive the 8th and stay 3 nights. This will be our first rally, and are very excited since we ordered our Cyclone 3110 and are expecting it to arrive mid July.

Jeff and Lisa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, Jeff & Lisa! We look forward to meeting you. Congratulations on your new rig!

Nancy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Nancy and Dave, we'll be up north and unable to attend this one but if you or anyone has need of our 4 seat, lifted gas golf cart, I can leave it on the trailer and someone could pick it up for the rally if they want. Would be about an hour trip to p/u. Let me know if you want to make arrangements. Jacksonville isn't too far if you want it. Have a great rally and we'll see you at the next.

nander

Nancy and Dave, we'll be up north and unable to attend this one but if you or anyone has need of our 4 seat, lifted gas golf cart, I can leave it on the trailer and someone could pick it up for the rally if they want. Would be about an hour trip to p/u. Let me know if you want to make arrangements. Jacksonville isn't too far if you want it. Have a great rally and we'll see you at the next.

Oh no, a rally without the 'Lil Guy'! We will miss you Frank & Debbie. Have fun on your trip.

If someone is interested in borrowing your golf cart, they can contact you directly. Thanks for the generous offer!

dlw930

Donna and I will also miss this one since we plan to be in CO part of Aug. and all of Sept. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and hopefully at the spring rallies.

nander

Donna and I will also miss this one since we plan to be in CO part of Aug. and all of Sept. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and hopefully at the spring rallies.

Ok, David & Donna! We will miss you and look forward to seeing you in Las
Vegas.

Nancy

jimtoo

Hi cndcrutcher,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

A rally is a place to meet other Heartlanders, play games and EAT FOOD. Also lots of things get planned and the #1 post will usually be updated to let you know what is happening.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

I'm new to this what goes on at these rallies and what should one bring?
There are lots of strange goings on at the rallies. Our ritual is a lot like the Masons. The newest attendee has to wait on the rest of the group. For your 1st rally, it's good to bring a bottle of Fireball to share with everyone................

But on a serious note, It starts officially with some sort of meet and greet. (Maybe Ice cream, donuts, etc..) Just a fun time getting to know fellow Heartlanders and sharing their experiences on the road. Lots of good tech info and friendship. Always food on everyone's mind. Attend one and you'll get hooked on the comradery and find yourself attending more just to meet friends you'll make who share your passion for the RV lifestyle. I Guarantee you'll be made to feel at ease and enjoy yourself at your 1st rally. Just fun people getting together. You just need to bring yourselves to the rally. Normally a Pot Luck dinner with the main course provided. Everyone just brings a side dish to these events. You could sum up a rally with casual, laid back and friendly. Come see for yourselves and you'll never look back. These events are where you can start putting faces to the names of people you meet here.
Best part of owning a Heartland RV is you are eligible to join the HOC. Don't miss the opportunity.
Later and have a great day.

nander

I'm new to this what goes on at these rallies and what should one bring?

Hello cndcrutcher!
Fun and food goes on a rally. Baker summed it up nicely. Go to the first post, get the info and make your reservation. Be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland Owners Club. That's another thing, you don't have to, but should join the Owners Club. If you are not a member of the club, you will have to pay $20. This helps cover our costs for paper items, etc. We have a meet & greet, usually Friday evening. Saturday is the potluck. Everyone brings a dish. We play games - mexican train, lcr, etc. If you need additional info, please feel free to contact me.

We look forward to meeting you soon!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Just a quick note for now but we're going to have a concealed handgun licensing class on Thursday September 8th. It will begin promptly at 8:30 in one of the halls, then we'll break for lunch and we'll go to a local gun range for qualifications. Dave Tyler will be instructing the class and will have more details soon.

Attendees:

1. Jay Coffman
2. Orville Wright
3, Nancy Anderson

From Dave Tyler:

Texas Licence to Carry Class will be given on Thursday, September 8th, 2016
in the Rally Room from 8:30 AM-1:30 PM for classroom instruction and then break for lunch. Proficiency training to be done at a gun range​ nearby following lunch. Participants will need 50 rounds of ammunition. Also a firearm .32 cal or larger. Can be revolver or Semi Auto. Instructor will have a Glock 9MM for use if needed at no charge. Class fee is $75.00 not to include State Fee or fee for fingerprints. Class will be taught by Dave Tyler, DPS certified License to Carry Instructor. Any questions please call Jay Coffman or Dave Tyler.

Last edited:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Just a quick note for now but we're going to have a concealed handgun licensing class on Thursday September 8th. It will begin promptly at 8:30 in one of the halls, then we'll break for lunch and we'll go to a local gun range for qualifications. Dave Tyler will be instructing the class and will have more details soon.
we are interested in the concealed carry class but are wondering if it would be valid in Oklahoma?

danemayer

we are interested in the concealed carry class but are wondering if it would be valid in Oklahoma?

See question #11 on this page. Texas and Oklahoma have reciprocity on licenses. But it does occur to me that Oklahoma might prefer that their residents have OK licenses. So you might check OK laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.