EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 9/9/2016 to 9/11/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippendale

Nancy, thought I had already made my reservations, but I have now. Dolly and I will get there on Sept. 6th and leave on Sept. 12th and will be in site #19.

Thanks,
George

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Nancy, thought I had already made my reservations, but I have now. Dolly and I will get there on Sept. 6th and leave on Sept. 12th and will be in site #19.

Thanks,
George

Got it, George! We look forward to seeing you & Dolly!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Orville, I'll add you to the list of attendees, pending what you learn about licensing.

pegmikef

Hey Jay, where is the local gun range near Canton? I know there is one in Kerrville that we have been to a couple of times, but didn't know there was one in Canton.

On edit: Never mind. I found one that really looks good in Wills Point, TX within 10 or 12 miles. It is Wiley's Gun Shop, covered 100 yard rifle range and 25 yard pistol range. Had good write ups. The shop is supposed to have a really good inventory, good prices and friendly people. One review I read said the range cost was 10 bucks for the first gun and 5 for each gun thereafter.

I think I see a road trip for some of us already licensed folks who want to do some one stop shooting and shopping. I suspect Dave will want to try his long guns out.

nander

Hey Jay, where is the local gun range near Canton? I know there is one in Kerrville that we have been to a couple of times, but didn't know there was one in Canton.

On edit: Never mind. I found one that really looks good in Wills Point, TX within 10 or 12 miles. It is Wiley's Gun Shop, covered 100 yard rifle range and 25 yard pistol range. Had good write ups. The shop is supposed to have a really good inventory, good prices and friendly people. One review I read said the range cost was 10 bucks for the first gun and 5 for each gun thereafter.

I think I see a road trip for some of us already licensed folks who want to do some one stop shooting and shopping. I suspect Dave will want to try his long guns out.

I suspect Dave will want to bring his long guns too! I'll tell about it. He may want to check it out before the rally. It's not that far from us. Thanks, Mike!

jayc

When I last spoke with Dave Tyler, he said that there is a gun club in/near Canton and he intends to join it to give us more of a "closed course" for the shooting portion of the class.

jayc

I heard from Dave Tyler and updated thread #38 with further information on the License to Carry class.

pegmikef

I heard from Dave Tyler and updated thread #38 with further information on the License to Carry class.

Jay, Unless it has changed you might point out that if you qualify with a revolver, only revolvers are covered by your license, but if you qualify with an automatic, then both automatics and revolvers are covered by your license. This may have changed since I last qualified, but I haven't seen anything that says it has.

jayc

Mike, the law has indeed changed and you may qualify with either a revolver or semi auto and carry what you want.

I filled out my application online and got my fingerprint taken today.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nancy, you may have us down but I haven't replied to this thread. We will be there Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

pegmikef

Mike, the law has indeed changed and you may qualify with either a revolver or semi auto and carry what you want.

I filled out my application online and got my fingerprint taken today.

Thanks for the info. Probably changed it when they did the open carry deal.

webtx1

We are looking forward to our first Heartland Owners rally, Sept. 9-11. We have made our reservations and look forward to meeting other Heartland owners.

Possum51

Please put Pat and I down for the Canton rally. We will arrive Thursday the 8th and leave the 11th. Thanks!!

Elaine

nander

We are looking forward to our first Heartland Owners rally, Sept. 9-11. We have made our reservations and look forward to meeting other Heartland owners.

Awesome, Steven & Idolina! I've got you down and we look forward to meeting you!

- - - Updated - - -

Please put Pat and I down for the Canton rally. We will arrive Thursday the 8th and leave the 11th. Thanks!!

Elaine

WooHoo, Pat & Elaine! It will be great to see you again!

jimtoo

Hi Nancy & Dave,

Don't get to excited yet,,,, BUT MAYBE we will join you at the rally. We are trying to get things wrapped up and lined up where we can do a little traveling again. It is looking good for us and we should know in another week or so. Just wanted to warn you and the others. :) Hope no one cancels now. :)

Jim M

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Jim, I hope you can make the Rally. Carol and I will be looking forward to seeing you and Bette.

nander

Hi Nancy & Dave,

Don't get to excited yet,,,, BUT MAYBE we will join you at the rally. We are trying to get things wrapped up and lined up where we can do a little traveling again. It is looking good for us and we should know in another week or so. Just wanted to warn you and the others. :) Hope no one cancels now. :)

Jim M

Great, Jim! We'll keep our fingers crossed you both can make it!

jimtoo

Great, Jim! We'll keep our fingers crossed you both can make it!

Well,,, There were some other things being planed I did not think about,,, so we will not be making the rally like I wanted to. SIL and a friend is coming in from Calif. for a visit.

I guess those that were thinking of canceling because we,,,, or I,,, was coming can continue to plan on attending and having a good time.

Maybe next time. :)

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.