TV Power 24bhs

AJL

We just purchased the North Trail 24bhs and our tv won't turn on when we aren't connected to shore power. The radio/cd/DVD works just fine when not plugged in. Is this normal? Do we need to be connected to shore power for the tv to get power? We have the legend tv that came with the trailer. Thank you in advance.

danemayer

Re: TV mount on new 24BHS

We just purchased the North Trail 24bhs and our tv won't turn on when we aren't connected to shore power. The radio/cd/DVD works just fine when not plugged in. Is this normal? Do we need to be connected to shore power for the tv to get power? We have the legend tv that came with the trailer. Thank you in advance.

Look at the power cord for the TV. It's probably has a standard wall plug for 120V AC, just like at home. For that you need shore power, or some other source of 120V AC power.

AJL

We just purchased the North Trail 24bhs with the 180 degree rotating tv mount. I was out programming the tv the came with the trailer and didn't have any power for the tv. The radio/DVD/speakers and even the tv antenna worked great but the tv didn't have power when plugged into the outlet just below the tv. I did not have the trailer connected to shore power. Does the trailer have to be on shore power for the tv outlet to work? Or any of the other outlets in the trailer? I ran an extension cord from the house to the Tv directly to make sure the tv worked and it does. Thank you in advance.

AJL

Re: TV mount on new 24BHS

The TV is 120V only, you'll need shore power, a generator, or an Invertor power. the radio is probably 12V

Wow! You guys are fast. Thank you so much for the rapid responses. That's kind of a bummer. I guess no tv when camping out in a Walmart parking lot. Thanks again.

jimtoo

Yes, anything that operates on house current, 120v, then the unit must be plugged into the shore power.

Bogie

What jimtoo said X2. But, you can install an inverter to operate AC appliances when no shore power is available. We do this frequently when we are at state campgrounds. If you go this route, you will probably need additional battery capacity. Also, a generator or solar panels to recharge the batteries. It all depends on how much power you feel you need and for how long.

You might want to check out this link to get an idea.

http://www.doityourselfrv.com/rv-inverter-install-diy/