ATF: Landmark - Stacked Washer and Dryer Installation

ksucats

Hmm - I was thinking that just taking the piece of wood and screwing it from the top would be easier but seeing Dave's photos, that would not be possible - it appears that there is nothing substantial under there to screw into. If mine are the same I'll have to add something inside the shelf unit to strengthen the shelf and then set the screws through that. Possibly why the dealership didn't do it the other way. I'll check this evening / tomorrow and see what mine look like. Thanks

ksucats

Well did finally get a chance to look at the shelf - it was not even anchored down at all but, good news, it is one solid piece of some material. I should be able to get a 2X2 or such and attach it on the bottom of the shelf. Thinking of maybe doing two of them running front to back instead of just one across like the one we saw. Also thinking of putting either a seal (D seal or some type of felt on it (them) to reduce any possible damage / scarring to the dryer top if it does tilt.

ksucats

Well, another update and another hold. I'm taking the coach back to the dealer on the 22nd so that they can look at a gaping opening where the slide isn't sealing properly. In any case, the dealer says that they will fix the washer/dryer issue for me. ??? I'm hoping. I'm also hoping that I can get the coach back the following week as we are supposed to be going to see the MIL the week of the 4th of July.

Regardless, wishing everyone out there safe travels, good company, and excellent adventures.

ksucats

This is becoming extremely frustrating, and I apologize to those reading this as I also kind of rant. First, it is great that Heartland products sell so well; unfortunately it is sad that they have to go back to the dealers for repairs so often and for so long. As I mentioned in my post above, we HAD an appointment to take the coach in on the 22nd' Well, seems that they will not actually be able to get to work on it until the following week, and then they have to wait for Heartland warranty folks to look at photos, ask for more photos / measurements, etc., before anything is going to be done. Bottom line, since we can not change our travel plans for the week of the 4th of July, they can not get it done before then. To top it all off, they can not get it back into their schedule until the 20th of July. So, we are expected to use it with the WD loose (I was told NOT to try to fix it myself - that they (the dealer) would take care of it). I also re-expressed my concern over the continual water entry we are 'enjoying' while the slide is not properly closing / sealing. Feel it is falling on deaf ears both at the dealer and at Heartland!! Oh well, end of rant. Again my apologies.

kowAlski631

And Heartland says........????? Wasn't it your dealer who installed the appliances? Sorry if I missed something.

Martha

ksucats

Paul: Yes it was the dealer, supposedly following instructions provided by Heartland on how to install washers and dryers in their units. The washer is anchored to the floor using the appropriate floor anchors from Splendide; it does have the proper 'stack unit' attachments to connect the dryer to the washer as well. The instruction sheet for the Floor anchors specifically states that they do not prevent tipping. I'm here shrugging my shoulders, I really don't know anything more about it. Regardless, they (the dealer) acknowledge that the installation needs to be modified - that is not really what my 'rant' is all about and I admit I was venting above - it is a slide issue that has been going on since October, where the slide does not seal properly thereby allowing water to enter, that really bothers me. The W/D is a concern though in that it does tip forward easily which could (no certainty just a could) result in tipping enough to damage the closet door and, worst casing it, end up upon the closed slide. That is the extreme!! Enough said.

kowAlski631

Sounds like the dealer has a problem. Our Splendide was installed by our dealer and it's traveled highways and byways 2.5 times (currently in Las Vegas) across country. We've had no problems with tipping anywhere and we've gone up and down some steep inclines. Personally, I'd get the dealer on it now since it's concerning to you.

As as for the slide, have you spoken with Heartland? Too many times the dealers try to stall or cut corners by not contacting them. If you're on top of it and have both sides of the issue, you have the power. Is it supposed to be like this, no - you're supposed to be able to trust that people tell the truth. It doesn't always work like that.

Martha

mlpeloquin

You might want to contact Heartland about using a non dealer, but approved, RV repair shop near you for your warranty work. I have and do. They don't fool around and try and fit your repair in between prepping sold new units for delivery. The priority is new sale units being ready for delivery and not servicing warranty work. It has been the experience of some Heartland members that once they contacted Heartland and told the dealer that they are in the in the information loop with Heartland about the ordering and delivery of parts and labor approval, thing moved much faster. Also some have been approved for warranty work at an independent RV repair shop.

DaveJen

My Husband and I just purchased our Landmark Madison last week. We had the washer and dryer installed by the dealer, my husband asked if the units should be secured in some way, and was told they are heavy enough they won't move. While making the 1200 mile trip home the units moved to the extent that the washing machine' s door seal was completely mangled to the point you cannot close the door, the dryer has large gouges in the top left corner and the closet door was damaged. With the rear bedroom I would have thought they would anchor the machines with something. Also all the clothes hanging in the closet were on the floor of the closet, any helpful hints for preventing this would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

My Husband and I just purchased our Landmark Madison last week. We had the washer and dryer installed by the dealer, my husband asked if the units should be secured in some way, and was told they are heavy enough they won't move. While making the 1200 mile trip home the units moved to the extent that the washing machine' s door seal was completely mangled to the point you cannot close the door, the dryer has large gouges in the top left corner and the closet door was damaged. With the rear bedroom I would have thought they would anchor the machines with something. Also all the clothes hanging in the closet were on the floor of the closet, any helpful hints for preventing this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi DaveJen,

Congratulations on the new Landmark and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear about your problems. If home is 1500 miles from the dealer who installed the washer/dryer, you should contact them to ask how they want to make good on your situation - using a resource local to you.

JENDAVE

Thank you Dan, We are really excited, we have been looking for many years, and when we walked into this one we knew it was the one! We currently have it at our local Camping World for service, and hopefully we can fix all the little bugs easily. This forum has shown me that we made a good choice in Purchasing our Landmark.
Thank you again
Hi DaveJen,

Sorry to hear about your problems. If home is 1500 miles from the dealer who installed the washer/dryer, you should contact them to ask how they want to make good on your situation - using a resource local to you.

Re: ATF: Landmark - Stacked Washer and Dryer Installationand w

Sorry to hear about washer dryer problem. Well you aren't the only one with this problem. We have a Madison also. We had the rubber seal around front of washer all messed up and it also put hole in the drain line. I took the wash apart and found that there are 2 springs that are attached to some concert blocks and one of the springs was totally off and the other one was close to coming off.I called Splendide about the problem and they were awesome. Told them about drain line and he ask a couple questions " is washer behind axles and is it in rear of coach". So he explained that it will bounce a lot in the rear and this will cause those springs to come loose. He said there were people that put a medal plate across the top of the springs right under the top of washer. I used the plates you put on studs when wiring a house. I screwed them down and it has worked great have not had a problems since it has been 4 months now.

JENDAVE

Re: ATF: Landmark - Stacked Washer and Dryer Installationand w

Thank you, my husband asked if you had any pictures of your fix? Our unit has been at our local camping world since we got home in October, we just got the approval from the Camping world in Myrtle Beach to replace the washer and dryer. They were not going to take responsibility for the damage. My husband is going to build shelving in between to secure and separate the washer and dryer.
How do you keep your clothes on the rod in the closet? Mine were all on the floor, so I'm designing a plan to make better use of the space, to be honest I was disappointed in the closet all together, it is super basic compared to all the other floor plans. Let me know any thing you have found helpful.
I'm excited to use the camper, we only spent a few nights in it, before we headed home, like I said it's been at our local camping world ever since and it's still not done. It's winter so we aren't missing out on using it, but it should have been fixed ages ago.

QUOTE=Whataboutzid;517367]Congratulations on the new Landmark and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear about washer dryer problem. Well you aren't the only one with this problem. We have a Madison also. We had the rubber seal around front of washer all messed up and it also put hole in the drain line. I took the wash apart and found that there are 2 springs that are attached to some concert blocks and one of the springs was totally off and the other one was close to coming off.I called Splendide about the problem and they were awesome. Told them about drain line and he ask a couple questions " is washer behind axles and is it in rear of coach". So he explained that it will bounce a lot in the rear and this will cause those springs to come loose. He said there were people that put a medal plate across the top of the springs right under the top of washer. I used the plates you put on studs when wiring a house. I screwed them down and it has worked great have not had a problems since it has been 4 months now.[/QUOTE]