Poll: Landmark Cooktop

Would you want the Induction Cooktop or would you prefer a Gas Cooktop with 3-Sealed Burners

• We would want the Induction Cooktop

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • We would want the Gas Cooktop w/ 3-Sealed Burners - nicer than most RVs have used in the past

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fulltimers

We got our 2017 Newport in late April. We really like the induction but we noticed that the drawer immediately below gets very warm. I have added some ventilation holes and covered it with a very nice looking metal grate. You can't see the holes and is cosmetically appealing. Will see if it helps on the heat. The next step will be to put a small battery powered fan in the drawer to direct the heat.

ksucats

Fulltimers: Interesting. We have the stove & oven combination but have looked at the separate induction cook tops for when we tailgate. I had never heard that they got warm like that, it was my belief that you can supposedly put your hand right on them and not get burned. ??? Learn something new every day ;)

Fulltimers

You are correct - you can put your hands on the glass and not get burnt. But the heating element puts out heat into the drawer. We don't put anything in that drawer that is affected by the heat. We used the portable inductions before we got this one. Really like cooking on it.

Miltp920

How about a 24 inch residential stainless steel stove/oven? We have seen this and it also says "QUALITY". My wife likes the idea of this 24 inch oven (as an option), and induction second (as an option). She does not like the standard 3 burner gas / camper oven with the pilot light that has to be lit to use it. That standard RV oven/stove has been around for YEARS! Lets come up with something new! We see induction now, lets see the 24 inch oven/stove offered. Is there a reason for not offering the 24 inch residential oven/stove in the Landmark?

speedcat

Orderd a Charleston this week with gas cooktop and oven. The changes mid year on these items look very sharp. I cook with iron and gas is the best option IMHO.

jrzygrl64

We saw the new 3 burner stove tops and the new ovens when at the Tampa RV Show - and I LOVE it! Serious kitchen envy! We love our 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon and would love to upgrade from our current kitchen set-up, but not sure it's possible - does anyone know? Any idea on cost? Thanks in advance!

jbeletti

We saw the new 3 burner stove tops and the new ovens when at the Tampa RV Show - and I LOVE it! Serious kitchen envy! We love our 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon and would love to upgrade from our current kitchen set-up, but not sure it's possible - does anyone know? Any idea on cost? Thanks in advance!

klindgren is looking into it. Unsure if he has received any pricing.

povelkom

Love the induction top...was one of the must have features we wanted for our 2017 Newport

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I love my induction cook-top but wish there had been an option to upgrade the microwave/convection oven to a GE Advantium. (Would have saved my husband the trouble of replacing it aftermarket.)

Having multiple options such as nice gas stove, oven, nicer microwave, or oven gas is nice.

When using the induction stove-top I have noticed that the drawer directly below does get warm inside. My solution was to leave the drawer cracked open when using the stove-top for longer cooking times. I don't even bother with that when cooking for less than 15 mins or so.

Shadowchek

Landmark GM, Andy Wesdorp has asked me to place this poll online to get a feel for what Landmark owners/buyers are interested in for Stovetop Cooking.

Currently, Landmark comes standard with a Convection Microwave and 2 burner Induction Cooktop with an option for a gas Stove/Oven in place of the Induction Cooktop.

Question: If you were to buy a new Landmark, would you want the Induction Cooktop or would you prefer a Gas Cooktop with 3 Sealed-Burners (a nicer one than we've used in the past)?

Poll voting will be anonymous. Poll will remain open for 14 days.

Please feel free to give expanded feedback by given by doing a Post Reply to this thread.
Gas
cooktop

speedcat

We ordered a charleston with the gas cooktop and oven
The new design is very sharp plus I cook with iron cookware. Scheduled to take delivery the first week of April

Alb

Okay,
We Bought a new Charleston Last July 2016 which had a induction cook top. We have had it for a year now and used it many times. These are the good things and bad things I have found with the induction top.

Good things:
  1. It saves space.
  2. very easy to clean.
  3. It uses electric and not propane.
  4. It heats very fast and maintains a constant temp
  5. The confection oven comes with that package.
  6. You are not creating Carbon Monoxide in side the camper.
  7. it frees up more counter space
Bad Things:
  1. When your heating a very large pot it doesent heat on the outer edges but still works okay.
  2. There is a learning curb when you first use it if your not familiar with one
  3. It would be nice to have three burners although so far I haven't really needed it yet.
  4. You may need to buy new cook wear.

So far our vote is still yes

Fulltimers

Is there a way they can have 3 cook tops on induction instead of 2? I find often I could really use a third one. That is my biggest frustration.

We have a portable induction burner for when we need three burners or for a large pan. Fits easily in storage.

- - - Updated - - -

We really like the induction. We were cooking on them before we bought the Newport.