Poll: Landmark Cooktop

Would you want the Induction Cooktop or would you prefer a Gas Cooktop with 3-Sealed Burners

• We would want the Induction Cooktop

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • We would want the Gas Cooktop w/ 3-Sealed Burners - nicer than most RVs have used in the past

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

Landmark GM, Andy Wesdorp has asked me to place this poll online to get a feel for what Landmark owners/buyers are interested in for Stovetop Cooking.

Currently, Landmark comes standard with a Convection Microwave and 2 burner Induction Cooktop with an option for a gas Stove/Oven in place of the Induction Cooktop.

Question: If you were to buy a new Landmark, would you want the Induction Cooktop or would you prefer a Gas Cooktop with 3 Sealed-Burners (a nicer one than we've used in the past)?

Poll voting will be anonymous. Poll will remain open for 14 days.

Please feel free to give expanded feedback by given by doing a Post Reply to this thread.

danemayer

If the cost savings going from induction back to gas were applied to get a better Microwave/Convection Oven, I'd sacrifice the induction cooktop in a heartbeat.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Would like to see a upgrade on the microwave,but still want the induction cook top.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
Now that we are used to the induction cooktop, I'd have to say induction .

Bill & Irene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Heartland should look at the GE Profile microwave/convection oven...WAY better than the Frigidaire we took out...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm all over this one !!! GAS, GAS, GAS,
Although we like the ease cleaning up the Induction cook top, that is really the only thing we like. We would much rather have a nice gas 3 burner with the solid surface counter top covers over it. With this unit you can only use a maximum setting of 10 between the two burners. If one is set to 10 to boil something and you turn the other burner on to 3 you loose you 10 setting now goes down to 7. This is not working for us.
And of course a better Confection / Microwave is a must. We have learned to live without the oven over the last year and some of you know what we've went through finding the perfect Confection/Microwave, but with this being the only oven source in the coach it needs to be a good one ......

pegmikef

In the event we might buy a Landmark, Peggy said she would want a good quality microwave/convection oven (we have GE Profile which works great) and a gas cook top as it is easier to control (and works when there's no power). Ideally she would like a convection oven, a gas oven and the sealed burner gas cooktop.

rvmckee

When we buy our Landmark, we would like to see a gas cooktop with a folding top so you wouldn't have to take the tops down and find somewhere to store it. Look at the Mobile Suites. They have a very nice gas stovetop. So I guess even though we like the induction, if the gas stovetop would be configured better we would definitely get that.

Bones

I have gas now in the home and it is nice to cook with. The gas will work when you loose power in an rv park. I also have to consider the amount of load you need to maintain in an RV. Having everything electric may not be the best choice.

TxCowboy

Wanted to add one additional comment to this thread for Andy's consideration --

The microwave MUST have wattage 1100 watts or higher. Many microwaveable frozen food have preparation warnings that state the minimum wattage for safe preparation is 1100. The 900 watt units currently installed in HL products do NOT meet this requirement.

So, yes, a good convection oven is desired. But a strong, safe microwave should be required!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Having the induction in the BC, I love it! I would want to see it standard, as to me it's a "higher class" feature, and offer the gas stove as a option with a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlwaysOnLiberty

Late in the game for a response but I agree with TravelTigger. The induction cooktop screams 'high end' and personally, I LOVE IT! Its actually now the chosen means of culinary cooking because of its safer 'instant heat'. I bought silicon round burner covers for it so my cookware doesn't scratch or mar the surface. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about running out of gas, traveling with gas 'on or off' and the whole 'fire' thing in our RV home. JMHO

KNPMCM

As someone who enjoys cooking my preference is the Induction Cooktop. I absolutely love mine in my 2016 Ashland.

Alb

Just got our Charleston with induction cook top and we like it a lot better than gas works great. Haven't tried the convection oven yet but we are looking forward to biscuits you don't have to cut the bottoms off of.......Lol

RGVan

Good morning from the Pacific coast, Seattle area.
We have just gotten our 2017 Charleston (planning on full timing in about 6 months)
The induction cook top.... we have not used it yet but looking forward to it
NoMadCats I see you said you got some silicon burner covers where did you get them? think that will be a great idea not to damage the cook top