Poll: Landmark Oven(s)

If you were to buy a new Landmark, would you want a Convection Microwave or a Gas Oven or Both?

• We would want the Convection Microwave only - no Gas Oven

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • We would want NO Convection Microwave - only a gas Oven

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • We would want both the Convection Microwave and a Gas Oven

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

Landmark GM, Andy Wesdorp has asked me to place this poll online to get a feel for what Landmark owners/buyers are interested in for Oven Cooking.

Currently, Landmark comes standard with a Convection Microwave with an option for a gas stove/oven - in addition to the Convection Microwave.

Question: If you were to buy a new Landmark, would you want a Convection Microwave or a Gas Oven or Both?

Poll voting will be anonymous. Poll will remain open for 14 days.

Please feel free to give expanded feedback by given by doing a Post Reply to this thread.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Stella says that she doesn't use the gas oven any more, it might come in handy as a backup.

TxCowboy

Something that is an upgrade to the Highpointes currently installed. The microwave power is too low and the convection temperatures are all over the place.

kkamshop

I would use a gas oven IF it had an ignitor (no lighter needed). As it is, it is too much trouble to get on the floor and light the dang oven.
Also agree with HIGH QUALITY convection microwave.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I 2nd the high quality convection only option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

Being full time we find having the gas oven very handy for larger items, overall better for certain baking. Lighting that burner is a pain though; add an electric lighter! Like our Convection Microwave now that we replaced original with GE Advantum.

jjwink

Love my Amana Convection microwave in my 2011 Rushmore. Sorry they have switched to High Point.

jbeletti

Love my Amana Convection microwave in my 2011 Rushmore. Sorry they have switched to High Point.

I had an Amana in my second Landmark - loved it. Amana Corp has gone through different ownership over the years and I don't believe they (Whirlpool) manufacture Convection Microwaves under the Amana name any longer.

I also liked the Dometic unit in my very first (2005) Landmark.

travlingman

I agree with the use something besides the High Point. Would like to see a gas oven bigger than the standard RV size. I know some competitors are using residential ovens in theirs, but think that might take to much space, but haven't seen one in person to know. Maybe their is an in between size that could be used.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Andy already has our preference, in fact, we just picked up our new Orlando! It has the convection microwave, plus the conventional gas stove and cook-top (at DW insistence). Dorothy does a lot of baking, and our experience so far using the convection/microwave has been disappointing. The new Landmarks are now equipped with two 40# propane tanks again. A higher end (even if it were an option item) stove would be appreciated. We haven't used the oven yet but I suspect it requires manually lighting the pilot flame. That can be a contortionist nightmare. We will see.
We LOVE our Orlando!!!:D

rvmckee

We live in our rv & would love to have the option of a convection cooktop and a gas oven. It would be nice to be able to light the oven with a switch instead of manually getting down to light it. A better quality microwave. Would be great too!!

speedcat

Ordered a Charleston this week with a gas cooktop and gas oven. The micowave/convection is now a Furrion, a Lippert componet product. I am not sure of the quality as I can not find any reviews.

jbeletti

Ordered a Charleston this week with a gas cooktop and gas oven. The micowave/convection is now a Furrion, a Lippert componet product. I am not sure of the quality as I can not find any reviews.

Furrion is a separate company from LCI. LCI has a multi-year distribution agreement with Furrion for the RV and Boat industries.

How is the Furrion microwave? Unsure. My guess... Same unit as the Highpoint, Frigidaire etc. Could be wrong though.