Replacement parts

agpopp

Well, had a blowout with the tires on my 07 Sundance that did some sheet metal and fender damage. Got in touch with heartland parts and found what I needed at a surprisingly good price. Bad news, shipping is 140 bucks! (More than the parts!) That and it has taken 3 weeks so far to get the stuff processed to the shipping stage. At least they still had what I needed.
Good to know they carry stuff for a 10 year old 5er

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Lucky they have the parts. I wanted to replace the bulging cargo doors on my 2009 BH and they were not available anymore. Even the RV junk yards didn't have them. Fortunately, another member read my posts, had what I needed and shipped them to me.

donr827

Back when I had my HH fifth wheel the factory shipped some parts inside new trailers being delivered to dealers to avoid the high shipping cost of certain parts. Something to think about.
Don

wdk450

Agpopp:
Any chance you could leave the rig as is until next summer? The 2017 Annual National Heartland Owners rally should be in Goshen, Indiana (10 miles from the factory) around the 2nd week of June 2017. At previous National rallies, a repair crew from Heartland Service has fixed 2 minor items for free for all rally attendees. If nothing else, you will avoid the parts shipping charges by picking up the parts in Elkhart.

BTW, I attended the 2013 National Rally in Goshen, and had the broken strings on my large rear window day-night shade as one of my listed repair items. Well, the repair team didn't get that done in time, service called me in California after the rally, and shipped me an entire new shade assembly. It came in a rigid cardboard tube about 8 feet long, and weighted about 30 lbs. Heartland picked up the shipping on that!!!!!

Last edited:

Diamondjim

I too had a BlowMax go on the way back from our Florida Rally, I-10 east of Tallahassee. Called Heartland with the vin # and it was shipped yesterday to me in FL. Yes, shipping was nearly as much as the part, but I needed the fender and it is an over-sized item for UPS.
My tire folded the one on the rig, and that's not a pretty picture, this one should be straight (hoping) and thus extra charges for shipping.
Time will tell. All the other damage, gas line, etc. have been taken care of, and new Maxxis tires are on their way. Was going to order new when we returned home, and before taking off for the summer in OH and MA.
We grow too soon old and to late smart.
Be nice not to have worry about Towmax tires going haywire heading north.