EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Alpine - 3/17/2017 to 3/19/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tigers route is definitely to best way to go... 385 is not a good choice to get down to I10. The locals take FM1053 that cuts off before Monahans to get down to Ft Stockton, it's two lanes all the way but I drove it in April and it's in great shape.

Myself... I like the scenic route to Pecos and drop down on Hwy 17 thru Balmorhea to Ft Davis. The RV Park is on Hwy 118 from Ft Davis to Apline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the GPS wanted us to go 1053, but we prefer roads with a shoulder, typically FM roads may not have a shoulder at all, or not one large enough to pull out of the lane of traffic. But good to hear it's a good road!

TravelTiger

More folks are letting me know they have confirmed with the park, so we have added some sites and now have 20 sites available for us!

Please go ahead and make reservations with The Lost Alaskan, be sure to mention you are with the Heartland West Texas Rally, and mention any discount clubs you are with (Good Sams, Escapees) to get the best rate.

'Lil Guy'

Debbie and I will be there. Made our reservations. Arriving on the 15th and leaving on the 20th. Looking forward to our 1st W Texas rally. See everyone there.

TravelTiger

Debbie and I will be there. Made our reservations. Arriving on the 15th and leaving on the 20th. Looking forward to our 1st W Texas rally. See everyone there.

Great! Got you added!!

8amps

Hi Erika and Tony,
We would like to come for your Rally. We'll be there on the 17th to the 19th (maybe 20th).

Thanks,
Mary and Phil Ochoa
8amps

TravelTiger

Hi Erika and Tony,
We would like to come for your Rally. We'll be there on the 17th to the 19th (maybe 20th).

Thanks,
Mary and Phil Ochoa
8amps

Great, Mary! Have you called the park and made reservations? I'll add you to the list, but please confirm you have made those reservations with the park!

Erika

Possum51

Hi Ericka, I called the park this morning and made a reservation for your rally. We will be arriving March 16 and leaving on the 20th. Thanks!

ctayloe07

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Alpine - 3/17/2017 to 3/19/2017 Flora and Corbin will be there, arriving

• March 14 thru March 20 looking forward to seeing you then. Reservations were made 10-17-16.

TravelTiger

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Alpine - 3/17/2017 to 3/19/2017 Flora and Corbin will be there, arriving

• March 14 thru March 20 looking forward to seeing you then. Reservations were made 10-17-16.

Terrific! Look forward to seeing you guys!

LBallard

Hi Erika and Tony
Made reservations at Lost Alaska. Arrive 3/15, depart 3/20. Looking forward to recon that part of Texas.

TravelTiger

Hey folks, I just spoke with the park and they are filling up quick for this timeframe! Only 9 spots left in the park for our rally time!

I have updated the list on thread 1 of the folks that have made reservations, vs those that said they want to come.

If you really want to attend, PLEASE make reservations with the park ASAP!

Erika

TravelTiger

Malcolm & Valerie Talley are coming! I have added them to the list.

We have 2 spots available, then there may be a few more but not exactly with the group... so REGISTER NOW with the park, if you want to attend!

Erika

Status
Not open for further replies.