Space over Microwave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Installed a door over the microwave. Perfect stain match. The wine rack is now just a memory. Now management just has to decide on pull.

Looks great! I'm still waiting for my call for them to bill and ship. :(

DougS

Doug S
Large holes for the hinges have to be drilled, lucky my son designs cabinets so his staff drilled them for me, so I couldn't screw it up.

TravelTiger

Large holes for the hinges have to be drilled, lucky my son designs cabinets so his staff drilled them for me, so I couldn't screw it up.

Doug, any way you can post a pic of the hinges/holes, so we'll have an idea where they'll need to go?

Thanks in advance!!

DougS

Doug S
What we did was to take another door off in the kitchen area of RV and drilled the holes to match. We were concerned with the profile on the door edges so that is why we matched an existing door. Your profile will probably be different then mine depending on the year and product line. A concern we had was the large hole depth so as not to drill into the profile on the finish side.
Next step is to make a spring and hardware to keep door open.

TravelTiger

What we did was to take another door off in the kitchen area of RV and drilled the holes to match. We were concerned with the profile on the door edges so that is why we matched an existing door. Your profile will probably be different then mine depending on the year and product line. A concern we had was the large hole depth so as not to drill into the profile on the finish side.

Ok, thanks!

I ordered the hinges mentioned in someone else's post that said they didn't need a shock to hold it open. HL Part number 53568. On my invoice it says "Lumber Core HF6046BDFV Sht Arm EU Hng 1/2"

DougS

Doug S
Ok, thanks!

I ordered the hinges mentioned in someone else's post that said they didn't need a shock to hold it open. HL Part number 53568. On my invoice it says "Lumber Core HF6046BDFV Sht Arm EU Hng 1/2"

53568 hinge is the same hinge I ordered which is the same hinge on all of my cabinet doors. The hinge does not allow for staying open by itself, and the opening is too small for a strut I believe. I owned a Titanium years ago where I used a spring to hold doors open. I'll post a picture if and when I get it installed.

TravelTiger

53568 hinge is the same hinge I ordered which is the same hinge on all of my cabinet doors. The hinge does not allow for staying open by itself, and the opening is too small for a strut I believe. I owned a Titanium years ago where I used a spring to hold doors open. I'll post a picture if and when I get it installed.

OK, good to know. Post what you decide to do.

Anyone who has the door as OEM care to share if it stays open by itself, and how?

farside291

I asked about a strut for the door and was told they do not make a strut that small. The strut wouldn't collapse far enough to allow the door to close. Were not usually in there enough to have to have the door stay open by itself. I wonder if that one would work on this small door?

DougS

Doug S
I had a few minutes today so I decided to install a spring to hold the door open. I went to ACE and bought a 6"'spring and a door closer bracket (for a storm) and installed the spring. When the door is opened, spring becomes straight to hold door open. Bend the spring inward and the door closes. Install time approx. 20 minutes, cost under $7.50.
Now if I could just get a decision from management on the door pull, the job would be done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 207

TravelTiger

I had a few minutes today so I decided to install a spring to hold the door open. I went to ACE and bought a 6"'spring and a door closer bracket (for a storm) and installed the spring. When the door is opened, spring becomes straight to hold door open. Bend the spring inward and the door closes. Install time approx. 20 minutes, cost under $7.50.
Now if I could just get a decision from management on the door pull, the job would be done.

Doug, that's perfect. Thanks!

sjandbj

You know how management can be sometimes. They may be looking at a bigger picture that us workers don't see. :):cool:

ram_1955

I recently made a cabinet and needed the hinges recessed I used a router with a flat bit to make the cutout for the hinge.

TravelTiger

We received our parts for the cabinet door today, the drawer pull and two hinges. We will have to figure out how to attach everything, but we got it!

$53.39 including shipping to Texas.

Will post pics after the install.

For late 2016 BC, here's the parts info:

one drawer face.
0175678 Door - DF - 6 x 30 - RA7MJ - Mesquite Maple Glzd $25.41

one drawer pull handle. (See picture) It is oil-rubbed bronze color.
0178095 Pull - Drawer - Oil Rub Bronze – 1815 $4.25

2 hinges.
53568 Hinge - Lumber Core - HFS6046BDFV Sht Arm EU Hng ½ $1.35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia_Biker

Could not get door - a little disappointed

We received our parts for the cabinet door today, the drawer pull and two hinges. We will have to figure out how to attach everything, but we got it!

$53.39 including shipping to Texas.

Will post pics after the install.

For late 2016 BC, here's the parts info:

one drawer face.
0175678 Door - DF - 6 x 30 - RA7MJ - Mesquite Maple Glzd $25.41

one drawer pull handle. (See picture) It is oil-rubbed bronze color.
0178095 Pull - Drawer - Oil Rub Bronze – 1815 $4.25

2 hinges.
53568 Hinge - Lumber Core - HFS6046BDFV Sht Arm EU Hng ½ $1.35

My wife is anxious to replace the wine rack with a door just like you did. Great job by the way.

I contacted Heartland and spoke with Tabbitha Henderson explaining what I would like to purchase and even referenced your part numbers etc. She informed me that a door to fit my 3875FB was not available and besides the color is not available either. My 3875B is a 2016 year model - I mention this so if anyone else might want to order items - well I guess you can't..

I asked Tabbitha could I just buy any door the same size and I would refinish it myself. She recommended I contact a local cabinet shop and have one made.

I look forward to the Factory tour at the Goshen Rally to gain a better insight on what goes on up there.

TravelTiger

Re: Could not get door - a little disappointed

My wife is anxious to replace the wine rack with a door just like you did. Great job by the way.

I contacted Heartland and spoke with Tabbitha Henderson explaining what I would like to purchase and even referenced your part numbers etc. She informed me that a door to fit my 3875FB was not available and besides the color is not available either. My 3875B is a 2016 year model - I mention this so if anyone else might want to order items - well I guess you can't..

I asked Tabbitha could I just buy any door the same size and I would refinish it myself. She recommended I contact a local cabinet shop and have one made.

I look forward to the Factory tour at the Goshen Rally to gain a better insight on what goes on up there.

I believe the "door" is a drawer facing from the bedroom chest of drawers. Maybe call back and see if they can send you one of those.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Re: Could not get door - a little disappointed

I believe the "door" is a drawer facing from the bedroom chest of drawers. Maybe call back and see if they can send you one of those.

That's correct. It's the same as the drawer front on the top drawer of our bedroom dresser. 6" H x 30" W