Pioneer RG28

I just purchased a RG28 to be able to take my toys with me. I was wondering what kind of surge protector should I get for the power. Also why does the unit only come with 1 TV mounting bracket when they are 3 locations for TVs?

Thanks I look forward to many years of great fun camping.

danemayer

Hi blklblventurer,

Congratulations on the new Pioneer and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'd suggest you at an Electrical Management System. They're more expensive than surge protectors, but they guard against low voltage, high voltage, open neutral, reverse polarity and other common electrical problems, in addition to protecting against surges.

The two major vendors are TRC and Progressive Industries. Progressive's has a little additional function and also comes with a lifetime warranty. Here's a link to the 30 amp Portable on Amazon. They also have a hard-wired version.

Some people have 1 TV. Others may have 2 or 3 or on some models 4. Some people have no TV. It's pretty common for trailers to ship with only 1 bracket, unless you order the additional TV with the trailer.

jimtoo

Hi blklblventurer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I use the Progressive Industries Surge guard like the one in the link. It has saved me several times and the warranty is lifetime on most of the units I think.

As far as mounting brackets for the TV's, if you would have ordered the unit with 3 TV's I'm sure it would have come with brackets for each, but since on 1 TV they will just supply 1 bracket. I'm sure you can go to any of the TV sales places and pickup a bracket to match the TV you buy.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Also moving thread to better area.

Thank you Jimtoo and danemayers.

I am going to look into those surge protectors you all have mentioned. I am working on doing some modifications to the unit as well. I am ordering a slide out awning and thinking about putting an awning over the toy hauler door as well.

I did not order the unit it was a brand new unit on camping worlds lot. It had 3 tv brackets installed when purchased so I am going to be asking them why I didn't get the mounting brackets.

Again thank you and I look forward to spending time in the forum and hopefully joining in on some of the rallies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If it had brackets...I would be asking...WHERE ARE THE TV'S. Call HL service ...have your VIN# handy and ask how the trailer was ordered and did it have 3 TV's when shipped from the plant. If it did...then CW owes you 2 TV's.

CAT-PAT

We also bought an RG 28 from camping world and it has 3 wall brackets but no mounts to attach to the tv we have called CW and are still waiting on a call back. Did your unit come with the TV mounts?

Mine only cam with 1 mount for the back of the TV. They say so you can move that 1 TV around to the other mounts. I would rather have a couple tvs so i didn't have to move them around.

I too recently purchased a Pioneer RG 28 and would like to get one more tv bracket. Is there any updates on where one can be purchased?

JTFever

Pioneer trailers do not include TV's. The mounting bracket system is designed so that you can use just 1 TV and easily move it from one location to another (this is why the bracket is a simple lift off requiring no tools).

Maxx57

Pioneer trailers do not include TV's. The mounting bracket system is designed so that you can use just 1 TV and easily move it from one location to another (this is why the bracket is a simple lift off requiring no tools).

For me the "V" type TV bracket that allows TVs to be moved from one bracket to another is fine. However the base "V" bracket receiver, attached to the wall inside the entertainment cabinet, is off-center. I would like to find a TV mount that will attach to the "V" bracket, so I don't' need to move the base bracket receiver attached to the wall. Some of these swivel mounts are heavy, and I would hate to drill new holes in the wall inside the entertainment cabinet, with the shower on the other side of the wall. I hope that was understandable. I need a TV mount that will offset 2 to 3 inches to the left so I can use the manufacturers mounting bracket and not be so heavy to pull out of the wall.

TRACIE5

Did anyone figure out which type of bracket for the tv? I would like to add 1 more tv for the garage/outside area to share.

Marty1

For me the "V" type TV bracket that allows TVs to be moved from one bracket to another is fine. However the base "V" bracket receiver, attached to the wall inside the entertainment cabinet, is off-center. I would like to find a TV mount that will attach to the "V" bracket, so I don't' need to move the base bracket receiver attached to the wall. Some of these swivel mounts are heavy, and I would hate to drill new holes in the wall inside the entertainment cabinet, with the shower on the other side of the wall. I hope that was understandable. I need a TV mount that will offset 2 to 3 inches to the left so I can use the manufacturers mounting bracket and not be so heavy to pull out of the wall.
I bought a small RV swivel bracket from Camping world (for RVs...also locks TV in place when traveling) and the swivel offsets the off-center bracket in the entertainment cabinet. I used the same holes that held the original v-bracket and I used the TV v-bracket (from the cabinet) for a small TV 24inch in the garage. Kinda small for bringing outside (24inch), but it gets me through. (usually watching a football game or such) Other than that we don't watch much TV outside. However, it gives the grand children a small TV they can watch when they are with us.