Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer RG28

1. Print this Post   #1

Pioneer RG28

I just purchased a RG28 to be able to take my toys with me. I was wondering what kind of surge protector should I get for the power. Also why does the unit only come with 1 TV mounting bracket when they are 3 locations for TVs?

Thanks I look forward to many years of great fun camping.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Pioneer RG28

Hi blklblventurer,

Congratulations on the new Pioneer and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'd suggest you at an Electrical Management System. They're more expensive than surge protectors, but they guard against low voltage, high voltage, open neutral, reverse polarity and other common electrical problems, in addition to protecting against surges.

The two major vendors are TRC and Progressive Industries. Progressive's has a little additional function and also comes with a lifetime warranty. Here's a link to the 30 amp Portable on Amazon. They also have a hard-wired version.

Some people have 1 TV. Others may have 2 or 3 or on some models 4. Some people have no TV. It's pretty common for trailers to ship with only 1 bracket, unless you order the additional TV with the trailer.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

Hi blklblventurer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I use the Progressive Industries Surge guard like the one in the link. It has saved me several times and the warranty is lifetime on most of the units I think.

As far as mounting brackets for the TV's, if you would have ordered the unit with 3 TV's I'm sure it would have come with brackets for each, but since on 1 TV they will just supply 1 bracket. I'm sure you can go to any of the TV sales places and pickup a bracket to match the TV you buy.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Also moving thread to better area.
    Jim and Bette
    04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, Riderights
    09 Bighorn 3670RL #9E011439
    Disc Brakes
    HOC #1003
    Heartland Owners Club Information

4. Print this Post   #4

Thank you Jimtoo and danemayers.

I am going to look into those surge protectors you all have mentioned. I am working on doing some modifications to the unit as well. I am ordering a slide out awning and thinking about putting an awning over the toy hauler door as well.

I did not order the unit it was a brand new unit on camping worlds lot. It had 3 tv brackets installed when purchased so I am going to be asking them why I didn't get the mounting brackets.

Again thank you and I look forward to spending time in the forum and hopefully joining in on some of the rallies.

5. Print this Post   #5
    Founders of SoCal Chapter Bob&Patty's Avatar

If it had brackets...I would be asking...WHERE ARE THE TV'S. Call HL service ...have your VIN# handy and ask how the trailer was ordered and did it have 3 TV's when shipped from the plant. If it did...then CW owes you 2 TV's.
    Bob (Old cranky), Great wife Patty, 5 great kids, 11 grandkids

Callie the wonder dog (we are still wondering) and 1 crazy cat "Baby" (RIP at 18 years old). Callie misses her Kitty.

2013 GMC 3500 HD DRW C/C L/B with all the goodies (the grey ghost). AirLift 5000 with auto leveling. 34 gal custom auxillary in bed tank. Spray in bed liner and rubber mat. 16K Husky hitch.

07 2955RL BIG HORN #5103

58 Belair 2dr hardtop, low and slow custom.

HEARTLAND CLUB MEMBER # 1056

6. Print this Post   #6

We also bought an RG 28 from camping world and it has 3 wall brackets but no mounts to attach to the tv we have called CW and are still waiting on a call back. Did your unit come with the TV mounts?

7. Print this Post   #7

Mine only cam with 1 mount for the back of the TV. They say so you can move that 1 TV around to the other mounts. I would rather have a couple tvs so i didn't have to move them around.

8. Print this Post   #8

I too recently purchased a Pioneer RG 28 and would like to get one more tv bracket. Is there any updates on where one can be purchased?

9. Print this Post   #9

Pioneer trailers do not include TV's. The mounting bracket system is designed so that you can use just 1 TV and easily move it from one location to another (this is why the bracket is a simple lift off requiring no tools).
    John and Tery
    Clayton N.C.
    2014 F-150 SuperCrew 3.5L ecoboost w/Max Tow Pkg.
    2016 Heartland Pioneer QB300

10. Print this Post   #10

Quote Originally Posted by JTFever View Post
    Pioneer trailers do not include TV's. The mounting bracket system is designed so that you can use just 1 TV and easily move it from one location to another (this is why the bracket is a simple lift off requiring no tools).
    For me the "V" type TV bracket that allows TVs to be moved from one bracket to another is fine. However the base "V" bracket receiver, attached to the wall inside the entertainment cabinet, is off-center. I would like to find a TV mount that will attach to the "V" bracket, so I don't' need to move the base bracket receiver attached to the wall. Some of these swivel mounts are heavy, and I would hate to drill new holes in the wall inside the entertainment cabinet, with the shower on the other side of the wall. I hope that was understandable. I need a TV mount that will offset 2 to 3 inches to the left so I can use the manufacturers mounting bracket and not be so heavy to pull out of the wall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast