Thread: ATF: Gateway - Gateway 3750PT Tilt Bed Switch

1. Print this Post   #1

ATF: Gateway - Gateway 3750PT Tilt Bed Switch

I have a 2015 Gateway 3750PT with the tilting queen bed in the rear room. A couple of months ago a buzzer started sounding behind the control panel when putting the slides out. I replaced the buzzer alarm to test if it was bad with the same result. This weekend was the first trip since the buzzer started sounding. The tilt bed in the rear would not lay flat, only moving a few inches and then just stopping. I found a switch under the bed that appears to be a push switch. Under normal circumstance, when the bed is in the full upright position, it pushes the switch in. However, the bracket holding the switch was completely bent backwards, making the switch useless.

My questions:
    1. Would this switch not activating cause the buzzer alarm to sound when moving the slides out?
    2. Would this switch cause the bed to not operate properly, not laying flat?

I have included pictures of the switch from under the bed.
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: ATF: Gateway - Gateway 3750PT Tilt Bed Switch

Quote Originally Posted by coram8 View Post
    I have a 2015 Gateway 3750PT with the tilting queen bed in the rear room. A couple of months ago a buzzer started sounding behind the control panel when putting the slides out. I replaced the buzzer alarm to test if it was bad with the same result. This weekend was the first trip since the buzzer started sounding. The tilt bed in the rear would not lay flat, only moving a few inches and then just stopping. I found a switch under the bed that appears to be a push switch. Under normal circumstance, when the bed is in the full upright position, it pushes the switch in. However, the bracket holding the switch was completely bent backwards, making the switch useless.

My questions:
    1. Would this switch not activating cause the buzzer alarm to sound when moving the slides out?
    2. Would this switch cause the bed to not operate properly, not laying flat?

I have included pictures of the switch from under the bed.
    Thank you
    Connect it back up and push the switch in and see if the buzzer sounds or take a multi meter connect it to the switch and test for connection to see if it is a Normally closed switch when the plunger is out.

2019 F450 6.7L Power Stroke 4x4, 450HP 935lb-ft Torque 4.30 gears

2015 3650BH Gateway
    S637 Sailun Tires
    MorRyde Rubber Pin Box
    Sold: 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l
    Sold: 2015 RAM 3500 4x4 DRW, 6.7 l /AISIN Trans (865 lb-ft) 4.10 gears / Auto Level

3. Print this Post   #3

Just wanted to give an update on this in case anyone else runs into the problem. I reconnected the switch, compressed the button and ran the slides. No buzzing. So it was the switch controlling the alarm buzzer. Fixed the bracket and reinstalled the switch.
    Then on to the problem of the bed not functioning properly. Basically it amounts to the control unit loosing it's boundaries. The bed would only move down a few inches and then the controller thought it was at the bottom and would stop the bed. But this also meant the bed would go way past the stopping point when raising the bed upright, which is why it went too far and bent the bracket holding the switch controlling the alarm.
    So after some google searches and forum reading, I learned how to reset the boundaries on the tilt bed controller. Here is the instructions on how to reset the bounderies if anyone needs it. Also, the controller is located in the cabinet the tilt bed controller is on. The panel the switch is on simply pops off. (Should have tried that before I cut a hole in the side of the cabinet!) Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this problem.

image.jpg

4. Print this Post   #4
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coram8 View Post
    Just wanted to give an update on this in case anyone else runs into the problem. I reconnected the switch, compressed the button and ran the slides. No buzzing. So it was the switch controlling the alarm buzzer. Fixed the bracket and reinstalled the switch.
    Then on to the problem of the bed not functioning properly. Basically it amounts to the control unit loosing it's boundaries. The bed would only move down a few inches and then the controller thought it was at the bottom and would stop the bed. But this also meant the bed would go way past the stopping point when raising the bed upright, which is why it went too far and bent the bracket holding the switch controlling the alarm.
    So after some google searches and forum reading, I learned how to reset the boundaries on the tilt bed controller. Here is the instructions on how to reset the bounderies if anyone needs it. Also, the controller is located in the cabinet the tilt bed controller is on. The panel the switch is on simply pops off. (Should have tried that before I cut a hole in the side of the cabinet!) Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this problem.

image.jpg
    Thanks for finding this out and sharing with the forum! Glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2016 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 crew cab, long bed, DRW, 4X4
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

5. Print this Post   #5

Thank you for the information on this. We too have the 3750PT and just had this happen. Can't wait to go check this all out and see if it's the same culprit.
    Glen & Stephanie Jamerson
    Tyler - Our Miracle Child
    Mazie - The "Doberman" dachshund
    Asher - The "Dasher" yorkie
    Marcy - Our Rescue Hinze 57
    Bulverde, TX H.O.C. 3322

2015 Heartland Gateway 3750PT
    2017 Ford F350 6.7L Power Stroke