Potential Buyer of MPG 185...Are there MPG Owners still active?

Larbear

Hello

I found the area I joined the organization for! New member looking for advice.
I'm interested in a used 2011 MPG 185 we found (retired hubby and wife) but in our research find it is discontinued due to conflict with R Pod (which has been our original search) We camped with Jayco tent trailer years ago but haven't camped since buying a small cabin in the woods back in 1989. Wanderlust and supplemental sleep quarters at the cabin has brought us to now. We had sticker shock with new R Pods so began looking at used and found what looks to be similar in the MPG.
Are we asking for problems with a discontinued product?
Thanks for any suggestions.

jimtoo

Hi Larbear,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some opinions for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Diamondjim

Labear - all manufacturers discontinue models for various reasons. "something new and improved" don't you know.
Our Greystone was discontinue because it was a duplication of efforts (as I understand it). Greystone was a notch about the top of the Sundance, was produced on the same line etc. etc. and then was discontinued in 2013 (I believe).
I had need of body parts for my rig, called Customer Service, it was on my door step with in 8 days. RV manufacturers like auto companies are required by the Feds. to maintain parts etc for what they mfg for up to 10 years.
The long answer is, I would not worry about buying a 2011, we found a cream puff of a rig, and loved it's layout.
Go for it! and Good luck.

Larbear

As I'm new....not sure if this is where I reply but just wanted to say Thanks! for the quick replies and welcome...still twisting in the wind!