Indoor/outdoor thermometer question

Diamondjim

3cd2bde418e667bc24956da1bb7986f6.jpg

This may do it. ??????

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I tried putting mine inside of the pin box, but I found that it was reading 15-20 degrees higher (in the summer months) as the metal pin box got hotter inside than the outside temps.

rhodies1

We installed ours under the steps using Velcro,monitor is attached inside of control panel door,don't have to worry about now, used to forget it when leaving and find the monitor on the floor

NHCelt

Ours is velcroed to the inside of the slideout skirt. We leave it there and it is placed do it doesn't get squished when the slide comes in and is safely out of harms way.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
I used twine to tie mine off the waste water flusher (have an elbow going in) in the UDC. Gave it enough to let it hang out through the opening for the hoses and satellite cable. Keeps it shaded, a few feet above ground, and is a part of set up/tear down just rides in the UDC when traveling.

Carleen

We hang our sensor under the pin box in the shade. When we travel we put sensor in the refrig and the display in the truck so we can monitor the temperature as we travel.

I think that is the best idea I have ever seen! THANKS!!! :eek:

wdk450

We hang our sensor under the pin box in the shade. When we travel we put sensor in the refrig and the display in the truck so we can monitor the temperature as we travel.

Having had my refrigerator quit working in 100 degree heat due to the 12 volt fuse intermittently blowing enroute from Oregon to Sacramento, I LOVE your idea about using the system to monitor the refrigerator temperature enroute.

I just took my brother to Walmart to buy a wireless outdoor/indoor thermometer for his Riverside, Ca. house. The most economical model is now just about $9.

Lynn1130

I have two sets of these. One set is on the second fridge (my beer and pop fridge) in the house since it is an older unit without the built in and the other is on the RV fridg/Freezer. They both work great.

https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-Refr...4570&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=fridg+temp+monitor

I hang the inside/outside wx/temp gauge off of the pin box in the shade and away from the skin of the trailer to get more accurate reads. The best place is on a pine tree away from the trailer since there is going to be some heat or cold coming off of the RV depending upon the weather. When I pack up to leave the inside unit reminds me to go get the outside unit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unfortunately, it looks like the Indoor/Outdoor thermometer we've been using for the past few years has given up the ghost. At least the outdoor sensor/sender is. Tried new batteries and placing the units together, but no joy. All I get for outdoor is a dashed line. Looks like another trip to WallyWorld.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Unfortunately, it looks like the Indoor/Outdoor thermometer we've been using for the past few years has given up the ghost. At least the outdoor sensor/sender is. Tried new batteries and placing the units together, but no joy. All I get for outdoor is a dashed line. Looks like another trip to WallyWorld.

You may be able to order the outdoor unit only. I did

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You may be able to order the outdoor unit only. I did

A great big DUH!! Looking on the back for a website, I see the battery install instructions (again!). First put batteries in the transmitter, then the receiver, then WAIT until the outside temp is displayed BEFORE entering the time and date. It's working again.

Who says men don't read instructions. We just don't read them soon enough. :rolleyes: