ATF: North Trail - vents full of styrofoam pieces

JacieB

We just opened up our 2013 NT26LRSS for the spring. Several of the vents had pieces of styrofoam in them. When we turned on the fan we ended up with literally piles of white styrofoam (some with pink on them) on the bed and floor. We have no idea where to proceed from here. Prior to this during the last several years we might have a few pieces here and there if we were travelling on rough roads, but nothing like this. Any suggestions?

JacieB

No sign of mice all winter, but noticed a few "deposits" ( 3 or 4) in the shower just before we opened it up. Caught one in a trap under the shower. This stryofoam is in the round ac vents. No "odor" of mice and no other signs of any in the trailer anywhere. We have no clue how to get in there and check.

rhodies1

Code:
u
We just opened up our 2013 NT26LRSS for the spring. Several of the vents had pieces of styrofoam in them. When we turned on the fan we ended up with literally piles of white styrofoam (some with pink on them) on the bed and floor. We have no idea where to proceed from here. Prior to this during the last several years we might have a few pieces here and there if we were travelling on rough roads, but nothing like this. Any suggestions?

agree with other members,certainly sounds like mice, I would still put a couple of traps in trailer on floor for a few days to see if you catch anything..

Westwind

Don't take the evidence of mice lightly, I did and we paid for it, for two month's this winter we weren't able to run the AC for due to the horrible mouse smell we were left with after I cleaned up 3 dead caught two in the bath one in the furnace/water pump/water heater bulkhead and one decomposing which was on the top of a cabinet in our FW, so high we didn't see it.
I've closed in the back the the stairs with a piece of plywood and caulked it that go to the bed/bathroom. The drawer was wide open to the bulkhead and a highway for mice into the inside of the trailer. I also caulked an opening bringing wires from the exterior of the trailer, under the stair light, into the bulkhead to the rear of the compartment, but I have much work ahead of me. All openings into the frame which allows access to the underbelly and wiring chases need to be sealed along with the hydraulic frame openings used to open and close slides. Somehow I need to seal off any openings around the front leg jacks that lead into the front cap also and the back cap. Access leads to wiring chases and the AC ductwork.

JacieB

We have left the traps out in multiple places. No more caught and no more signs of mice. If they were there, perhaps they moved out when we moved the trailer up into the driveway. My husband is worried about what mice might have chewed up to get into the ducts and the fact we have no way to check. Had none last year but we also opened up and used the trailer way earlier than we did this year. Frustrating.

Gary521

I had a mice issue once. I added ultrasonic devices in the basement and a couple inside and no mice since.

jimtoo

If you have not had this problem before you need to check the roof of your unit. Look around the vents for the plumbing. The mice most likely have gotten into the ceiling and making nest with the styrofoam.

Jim M

lacochran

We keep a couple of cut up bars of Irish Spring soap in various areas of the trailer. Apparently mice don't like the smell. We are new owners, but live in a area where mice are abundant. So far we haven't had an issue. A cheap easy preventative measure.

LACochran