Tell me about - S.M.A.R.T. - An RV Travel Club For All Honorably Discharged Veterans

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad

New SMART logo.jpg

What is S*M*A*R*T ?

The Special Military Active Recreational Travelers (S*M*A*R*T) is a recreational vehicle (RV) travel and social club for all Honorably Discharged Veterans (and spouses), including Reservists and National Guard, from all the uniformed services. Founded in 1982 the club has 43 chapters across the U.S. and is touted as one of the “best kept secrets” of RVing. S*M*A*R*T welcomes all eligible veterans, and our members believe there is something for everyone in S*M*A*R*T.

S*M*A*R*T publishes a bi-monthly magazine, and has a national website with links to many of the chapter websites often providing up-to-the- minute information on their club activities and other interesting information. The national website can be reached at www.smartrving.org

Caravan across America - Caravans are another unique aspect of
S*M*A*R*T. Experienced members, (Wagon Masters) volunteer to lead caravans on many exciting travels to Alaska, New England, Southwest, many more - S*M*A*R*T boasts the ‘best’ prices in the RV travel industry.

Emphasis on Serving Veterans - As a social club, we have chapters for golfers and nomads and for folks who just like to travel. Married or single, owning an RV (be it a motor home, 5th wheel, trailer or tent) our chapters offer something for everyone. Whether it is a luncheon, a weekend gathering or a week long camp out; activities include simple pleasures such as playing cards, dominoes, games, socializing, sharing potluck meals, to involvement in community activities, volunteering at Veterans homes and hospitals. Members volunteer and participate in Habitat for Humanity; the Marine Corps sponsored Toys for Tots, the Wounded Warrior Project and in the nationwide effort of “Sew Much Comfort”, just to mention a few.

A “National Muster” is held every year, in states with so much to do and see like FL, OK, AL, WA, CA, AZ, TN, VA, TX, to name a few. These musters command attendance from 150 to 400 rigs and you can’t beat the price. Much like the National Muster,
S*M*A*R*T also holds Regional Musters for all 8 regions across the U.S.

“What do I get for my money?” you ask. Well, how do you put a price on friendship, camaraderie, and fellowship?
S*M*A*R*T is an extension of the best part of the military lifestyle so many enjoyed throughout their careers. So, whether you like the close knit feeling of a chapter, or you spend your time crisscrossing the states, S*M*A*R*T has a chapter, a caravan, a muster or an activity that is sure to interest you.

So, what are you waiting for? ?

If you would like more information,
please contact Tom & Sandy at the email link below.

www.smartchapters.org/ardia

Attachments

• SMART Logo 3 4 2010.jpg
    SMART Logo 3 4 2010.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 21

SNOKING

I am running low on club/origination cycles between Vietnam Veterans of America, USCG Combat Association, Loran-History.info, Coast Guard Channel Community and thinking about joining the American Legion! However I will take a peak at it. Thanks Chris

jbeletti

I am running low on club/origination cycles between Vietnam Veterans of America, USCG Combat Association, Loran-History.info, Coast Guard Channel Community and thinking about joining the American Legion! However I will take a peak at it. Thanks Chris

Chris - Tom and Sandy Pearcy will be updating post #1 of this thread as some info is old. I recreated the thread for them from an old closed one that was no longer editable. Looks for changes to this one soon!

SNOKING

I was a member of the construction detachment to built the SE Asia Loran C chain in the summer of 1966, and have in recent years been studying the use of Loran in the Vietnam War. If there are any user types out there that used these signals I would like to make contact. I know many F-4's at Udorn had AN/ARN-92 LORAN-D equipment, however not a lot has been written about the use of Loran in the Vietnam War. USCG Commandants Office says I have written the most. Sattahip, Thailand was wild and wooley when we arrive in the summer of 1966.

Master Sattahip, Thailand
Slave Lampang, Thailand
Slave Con Son Island, Viet Nam
Third slave added in 1969 Tan My, Vietnam
Monitor Udorn, Thailand

Chris

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Chris . . . .I just updated the thread with Jim Beletti's help. Please see new name and new info. Check out the national website and our local Arkansas Diamonds Chapter website. There are 2 Arizona chapters since you snowbird in AZ. The AZ Roadrunners and the AZ Tumbleweeds. In Washington there is the Inland Empire chapter which is in Northwest Washington. You could belong to both !!! Tom & I used to live in Reno before we retired to Northwest Arkansas (in the beautiful rolling hills of the Ozarks) and we are very familiar with the west coast and absolutely love La Conner ! Would love to chat with you about SMART . . . why don't you give us a call @ 479-855-4666. If you decide to join, please use our member # (11477) on your application as the referring member. Hope to talk with you soon ! Sandy