Design suggestion

BobHinSC

May 9, 2016
Hello Heartland designers.
I am in love with my new Heartland North Trail 22 RBK. There is so much storage. Here is my suggestion for improved design.
1. Where the table joins to the floor, make those round couplings flush with the floor or design another type of coupling. My reason for this is, because I am a large man, I remove the table and put a TV table there but because the couplings are raised the TV table does not sit flat on the floor and this is the table I have my laptop on.
2. I know that the table area can also be used as a bed. There should be a more secure way for the table to secure to the seat framing. The table only sits on this little edge which shows that there is not any support on the table when it is being used as a bed. If an adult were to sleep on the table in the bed position, the potential for the table to fall to the floor due to lack of being secured in a better way could cause injury. I have adult friends that want to travel with me and to be honest I am afraid for them to sleep on the table because of the flimsy way the table attaches and becomes a bed. Maybe a fold away brace attached to the bottom of the table to provide additional support to the center of the table to prevent injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I thought that the North Trail table/bed had a floor brace that folds down to the floor.

However, this may be something you'll have to mod yourself.

BobHinSC

No the table comes off and the support poles are removable but there table supports on the floor stick up about 2 inches. Would be better if the holes could be sunk into the floor so the floor stays flat.

jwilson66

No the table comes off and the support poles are removable but there table supports on the floor stick up about 2 inches. Would be better if the holes could be sunk into the floor so the floor stays flat.

Can't do that.... you'd have interference with the slide-out

Wackie35

In our NT 22FBS there was a separate support for the table/bed in the storage under the Queen bed. this support slides into the braces of the table benches and as a leg the flips down for more support in case an adult sleeps in the dinette area. My adult daughter slept in this area using the support and said it was pretty comfortable.