marker lights

tward

When its dark and the marker lights turn on, fuses blow. IS there a diagram for the wiring connection at the fifth wheel connection box?

danemayer

H tward,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Here's a diagram from the 2014 Owners Manual that comes with the trailer. Yours is likely the same, although I wouldn't put much faith in the colors. I've also attached a pdf version.

Btw, when you say "When it's dark and the marker lights turn on...", I assume you mean you're towing and the tow vehicle lights come on, turning on the marker lights. There aren't any sensors on the trailer that turn the marker lights on and off.

I would start checking at the junction box under the pin.

Trailer Wiring from 2014 Manual.jpg

Attachments

• Trailer Wiring from 2014 Manual.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 8

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I see Dan beet me to it again.
This could be a short anywhere in the system. A light, the wire's rubbed through, anything. but the first place I would check is that junction box on the back of the pin box. you might have a wire nut off there.
Guess I'm assuming it's a 5th-wheel RV.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You did not say what TV you have. Most newer trucks have fuses that only controls trailer lighting. On my GMC its under the hood. If you markers lites blow a fuse the you have an issue with the trailer or trailer wiring in the truck.