Plan To Full-timers For a Few Years

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Carol and I are planning to be full-timers after we sell our house. We have decided to downsize to a smaller house, and we are preparing our house to be listed. Our plans after we sell our house is to go full timing for a few years. Currently in the DFW area the real estate market is hot, prices are up and houses are selling fast. The real estate market for the DFW area is predictied to slow down in a few years and market prices are also predicted to drop. So our plan is to purchase a smaller house after the market slows down.

rxbristol

Awesome. We hope to meet up with you on the road. We're currently full timing in North Texas, but will be wondering aimlessly starting March 1 of next year.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Carol and I are planning to be full-timers after we sell our house. We have decided to downsize to a smaller house, and we are preparing our house to be listed. Our plans after we sell our house is to go full timing for a few years. Currently in the DFW area the real estate market is hot, prices are up and houses are selling fast. The real estate market for the DFW area is predictied to slow down in a few years and market prices are also predicted to drop. So our plan is to purchase a smaller house after the market slows down.

Hey Terry if yall want something to do after you go FT let me know and we can talk. We are having fun working for Southeast Publications where you can travel where you want and make money too.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Terry & Carol,

That's great news.

You're going to have 3 piles of "stuff" when you downsize -- definitely keep, definitely toss, definitely have to decide on. The last one will be the biggest. You'll have to make some tough decisions, even though you're thinking of buying a sticks and bricks in the future.

I will say, there's nothing we let go of that I sit here today that I've truly missed in the 5 years since we've been FT'ing.

Wish you two the best of luck. Know we'll see you sometime down the road.

dlw930

Terry & Carol,

Although we only have a tad over 3 months of FTing under our belt, we don't regret the decision a bit. Our plan is basically the same as yours...take advantage of the "hot" DFW housing market and sell, FT as long as we want/can, and then rejoin the housing market with whatever makes sense at that time. In terms of downsizing, we gave family first choice of furniture, etc. which took care of a few things, but not a lot. Everything else we didn't want to take with us or keep for later was sold, given away or thrown away. We ended up storing a few moving boxes of stuff in a son's basement as he said "until you get tired of this." It was good to visit with you at the OK rally in Durant. I know you're really glad to have your rig back in operation. Enjoy every day of your full time RV lifestyle! See you in Vegas if not before!

David & Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Congrats on making this decision Terry. You have a great platform to full-time with. Wishing you all the best getting the house ready and sold. See you on the road my friends!

danemayer

Hey Terry,

We were also planning on 2 - 3 years between houses to leave time to find the right lot and get a house built. Finding an existing house shortened our full time experience to 16 months. Went by pretty quick.

pegmikef

Glad you are doing it. Carol told me in Durant that you were on the verge of making the decision because of the hot housing market. Good luck and enjoy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats Terry! Even though we're both still working and essentially tied down, we truly enjoy the simpler life of RV living.

I'm sure you'll love it!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats Terry and Mrs Carol. We like Tony and Erica have also enjoyed being FT in our BC even though we still have jobs to go to during the week. Not much longer and we can travel more.

Terry H

Staff member
Thanks for all of your comments and your congratulations to us.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We full-timed for three years and had a ball. Now we're part-timers as DW likes having a permanent nest to return to periodically. Have fun. Trace

Terry H

Staff member
An update on our progress of going full-time, we finished cleaning and fixing our house in preparation for it to be listed. Today we signed the papers with the Realtor and our house will be on the market tomorrow.

Terry H

Staff member
Another update our house went on the market on Friday, a realtor showed it on Saturday, we received a contract for our asking price on Sunday evening and signed the contract today (Monday). We were a little shocked that we received an offer that quickly. In Dallas area we have seen news reports where some properties have a contact within 2 hours without any showings. People are buying the houses by just looking at the pictures in the online listings!

dlw930

Congratulations Terry & Carol! That's wonderful! We got our asking price on our house south of Fort Worth before we even listed it.

Terry H

Staff member
Thanks Erika and Dave.

Jim, I can do a lot of things but moving a house is above my pay grade! Not only that, I retired to got away from work.

jimtoo

Thanks Erika and Dave.

Jim, I can do a lot of things but moving a house is above my pay grade! Not only that, I retired to got away from work.

OK,,, just thought I would ask. :) Was hoping,,, thinking,,, Superman!!!

Jim M

Terry H

Staff member
As of 1:05 PM today we became as we said Good By to our house of 26 years and began traveling to Colorado Springs for the Colorado Chapter Rally. We will arrive In Colorado Springs tomorrow afternoon.