2016 4113 Thermostat - Bad Location

Finally figured out why my RV was always cold and the furnace would turn on then shut off a few minutes later.

The location of the thermostat is directly above a floor heater vent in the front bedroom. The heat would blow up the wall to the thermostat giving a false reading and turn the furnace off. After a few minutes it would turn back on again and so on. Either move the floor heater vent of move the thermostat to the living area and not in the bedroom.

Love this RV.

mslater

my stat in the bedroom is only connected to the AC in the bedroom. that wouldn't be a good location for the furnace even if it wasnt over a register.

Last edited:

Hogladyrider

We have a 2017 Cyclone 3611JS and we experienced a similar situation with our furnace and we solved it easily. We went to Lowe's and purchased for $2 an adjustable diverter that sits on the floor on top of the vent and blows the heat out towards the living area ILO up into the bedroom.......works great!

It is definitely a "design flaw" and we are happy with our "fix"!

Susan

123camper

We had the same issue. We blocked off the vent which made the thermostat work correctly but since heat rises, our bedroom was always warmer and uncomfortable for sleeping. I finally unhooked the vent in the basement, bought an adjustable louvered round vent, attached it to the duct, and use it behind the udc to help keep pipes from freezing. Bedroom stays a little cooler and we sleep much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk