Possible New 365 Owner Questions...

stevebxl

I have the chance to buy a new 2016 Landmark 365 with the Charleston floor plan for $xxK (plus another $8K for taxes, prep, etc.)

We are "downgrading" from our house and will be full timers with most of our time spent in northern FL and a few months in TN each year to visit the grand kids. We previously owned 2 class A diesel pushers so we're familiar with the RV lifestyle. I'm not going to tow this monster so I'll hire it to be moved 2-4 times a year maybe. No big deal.

So, I think it's a great price - what's your opinion?
It doesn't have a generator. Is it worth the cost ($5k) to have one installed if all our time will be spent in full service RV parks?

Overall, is this a good 5th wheel as far as quality and customer service is concerned?

Thanks for any advice or opinions!

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum! The Charleston is an interesting and popular floor plan. Apologies that I had to remove your pricing as that's not allowed on the forum. But I will tell you that I felt the price was really good. Just do a Google search for "2016 Heartland Charleston" and you'll see several new ones for sale. Compare your price to what they are selling for around the country to get a sense of how good your price it.

A 2016 unit has likely been sitting on the dealer's lot for 6 to 12 months. Look at the DOM (date of mfr) on the sticker on the off door side of the coach. Nothing wrong with this - just make sure the dealer has taken care of the sealant on the coach prior to you buying it. Or you need to do it as soon as you get it.

As for the generator - for your camping style, I'd pass on installing the generator and save the $5k. I have a gen and it's a real "nice to have" item, but it costs $5k, weighs 300# and take up 2/3 of your front storage bay. We camp like you, but - we travel with 3 dogs and eat lunch in the RV each travel day. And we have a LOT of travel days. We like have AC power to run the induction cooktop, the fireplace, the ACs etc.