ATF: Cyclone - Torx bolts - Side deck Bar Latches

ndmac

I have attempted to remove the bolts to replace the side patio door latches and I am at a loss on how to proceed. These things either have Jam nut behind them, loctite or they are forever seized.

Nothing will budge them.

I have tried electric impact wrench, breaker bar, manual impact driver and they will not budge.

I blew out two Torx sockets Bits. (bolt still looks good - thank goodness)

I have sprayed them with PB blaster to see if I can get them lose. I will attempt this this once I treat them few more times. (not optimistic this will work)

Can you check with your factory, your installers or someone that might have some advice on how to proceed?

If they do have Loctite, is heat the next step?

My concern is same with the Torx bolts on the patio also.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service, have your VIN# handy and ask them. Waiting for someone at the factory to answer might take awhile. HL does not have someone reading the "ATF" threads all day. Question, are they possibly a left handed thread?

ndmac

Call HL service, have your VIN# handy and ask them. Waiting for someone at the factory to answer might take awhile. HL does not have someone reading the "ATF" threads all day. Question, are they possibly a left handed thread?

first thing I tried...reply "They should turn out. We do not use any type of thread lock on them." Duh!

I figured that part out myself. LOL

But they sure are tight.

ndmac

Uodate:
I kept spraying the bolts with PB blaster everyday for about two weeks and with the combination of the first 95 degree heat of the year and PB Blaster I managed to get the broke loose.