4250 - improved under bed storage

Drock512

The 4250 we toured a week ago only had a small drawer that would pull out at the foot of the bed. Seems like having a bed frame with a hinged top would expose significantly more storage space.

OEFVET

We have a 4200 and it has complete hinged underbed storage. I don't see why the 4250 would not have the same. As Cookie said, maybe it has a draw and also can open like the others.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yeah, I tried pulling on it but it was nailed shut. Even lifted the mattress to see if there were any hinges.

If you can get the nails out, it would not be hard to add your own hinges and shocks to hold it open. There's a company called HatchLift that makes a bed platform lift kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

The 4250 we toured a week ago only had a small drawer that would pull out at the foot of the bed. Seems like having a bed frame with a hinged top would expose significantly more storage space.

Depends on whether the bed slide is hydraulic or electric.

Our 2017 4250 has the king bed. The bed collapses when the slide comes in from the side. The drawer in the front comes out, and there is more storage behind the drawer, which is where we plan to put our lithium batteries for our magnum hybrid inverter.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

OEFVET

The storage is extended by the draw coming out. That makes more sense.

Sent by NY Horse Holder

Cane.MBA

The storage is extended by the draw coming out. That makes more sense.

Sent by NY Horse Holder

We've had our 4250 for a year now, and had no idea the drawer was there. Not as much room as the lifting platform, but already being put to good use.

we have a3513 and there is only one drawer at the foot of the bed.
It came with a king bed, very uncomfortable, so i converted it to a queen size to fit a regular queen size mattress.
This also would give us much more walk room next to the bed.
doing so, i had to remove the plywood and discovered all the unused space.
I cut a nice rectangular opening on one side and now can access all this wasted space for storage.

j4jrevel

I have a 2017 4250 and had to modify mine with a piano hinge so i could use the space under the bed!