slideout top seals

jlivet

The new 08 3300sk we just bought I notice that the seal at the top of the slides does not flip out when the slides are extended, should they? I can see that there are two seal edges on the top of each slide and they both angle toward the inside when slides are extended and from what I have read on other forums the seal should flip out when extended and flip in when closed? If indeed they should flip out when extended how do you adjust.

irvin56

Use your hand

I have my slide out a few times and seal was turned in. I just used my finger under seal and flipped it out. Can use even a kithen spaula to slide along underneath it to flip out.

jlivet

Did that the first time out but dont feel you should have to on all 3 slides, kind of a pain, and are both edges suppose to be out or just the one?

geeksrus

Also, very difficult to do when you have slide awnings... especially on the large living room slide.

EH!

nscaler2

Use the awning wand

Also, very difficult to do when you have slide awnings... especially on the large living room slide.

EH!
I use the awning wand that is used to pull down my awning, to pull the gasket on top of the slides back out where they belong. I gently slide it under the gasket and they turn it slightly and start working from one end of the gasket to the other. Our livingroom slide is long and needs that much reach from in order to get to it all. I agree it is a PITA.:confused:

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Silicon spray

You might try putting some Silicon on the seals, I know it helps our seals flip as they should. I spray the silicon on a cloth and wipe it on both sides of the seals.

I also use our awning rod as nscaler2 does to work the cloth under the top seals as we have the slide out awnings and it's difficult to reach under the long slide out awning top seals.

Dmaxcc6spd

Do slide awnings come standard on the Big Country models? If not, is it the double seals that theoretically reduce the need for the awnings? I am looking at a Big Country as my first camper, are the slide awnings really needed?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Do slide awnings come standard on the Big Country models? If not, is it the double seals that theoretically reduce the need for the awnings? I am looking at a Big Country as my first camper, are the slide awnings really needed?

"Needed"? The slide awnings prevent the accumulation of much debris (snow, ice, leaves, limbs, etc...) from on the top of the slide. In addition, since there is an air gap of several inches and the sun is not beating down directly on top of the slide, instead shining directly on top of the awning, I have to believe they assist in keeping the inside a bit cooler. Don't know about the Big Country options.