Pioneer QB300 & install sat hookup and Keep Cable

rearea

Just bought Pioneer QB300 tt. Want to add satellite connector and keep cable also. Also want to add hookup for tv outside. Anyone able to advise?

jimtoo

Hi rearea,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some help for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
There are lots of ways to do this. I modified my NT to use the cable input on the rear of the TT for either cable or satellite depending on availability by adding a diplexer. I disconnected the cable from the input of the antenna/cable amplifier. I connected the combined port of the diplexer to the cable coming into TT with the Sat. port connected to the sat receiver and the ant/cable port of the diplexer connecting to the cable input of the ant/cable amplifier.

By using a second diplexer outside, you could combine both sat and cable to the single cable and have both available at one time.

There are instructions with diagrams posted on this forum, here is a link to the diagram and further discussion.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...ookup-question?p=238892&viewfull=1#post238892

Last edited:

rearea

Thanks Silverado 23 That looks like it will morn great, Since I got out of the sat business have some duplexes that i was cleaning up today and now can use. lol Amazing what you find when u clean up and KEEP junk,