Performance issues with Owners Forum - but not the forum's fault

danemayer

I've been having a terrible time at home when reading posts on the forum. It's been taking 10-20 seconds to open a post or to reply, or to get the What's New list.

I'm on a radio-based Wireless Internet Service at home and I assumed it was the lousy latency of that system. However, I've noticed that the performance on the Heartland Owners Forum was way worse than Yahoo Email, or GMail, or other sites. Facebook was also slow.

So today I went into the adapter properties for IPV4 and put in Google's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 instead of accepting the addresses sent by the service provider.

Forum performance is normal again.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Same thing here . . .

We have Comcast Cable internet . . . probably the fasted internet out there!

This site has been super slow to load pages, and often doesn't load at all.

Just did it again a few minutes ago.

Also, I've been getting email notices about 12 hours after the posting was made.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm always so impressed by people who are bi-lingual

That one cracked me up! ;)

linuxkidd

danemayer: it's not uncommon for the default DNS servers provided by your internet service provider to be poor preforming. It's also possible that you are now bypassing your router which may have been trying to cache DNS on your behalf, but doing so poorly. In either case, glad it's working well now for you.

JohnD:. This is the first complaint I've heard of this nature. We are however moving the site to a new service provider very soon. So hopefully you'll see relief from that change.

Stay tuned...
LK

ram_1955

Email of new post is hit and miss from my perspective. Sometimes I don't get them until right after I have been on the site and they seem to come in bunches.